Sundown Audio

How many batteries are you guys running on a 5k

Masterbasser

I have 6 DEKA Group 31a, 2 XS Group 34s and twin Singer 270A alts for a Crossfire XS4K(5-6K amp). I am pretty sure I don't even need the batteries because the alts are keeping up just fine. I'd say 3 Group 31 batts and the nicest/biggest alt you can fit would be sufficient.

but do you have enough grounds

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isolated DC 270 alt, 2 runs or KNU Flex 1/0, 2 D1400s, wired to .7 ohms

idles at 16.5v hot and dips to mid to low 15's (on a cheap meter - probably dipping into 14's in reality) full tilt

DC 5.0k

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

One group 31 per 2000 watts is what I go by.

As far as the alt goes, a hairpin that best suits your vehicle and needs (eg. what does you car idle at and will you be playing at idle or while driving primarily?).

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

I could have sworn there was more than 4 good brands of batteries available.

Those are some good brands for the money... I didn't say they were the only good brands.. Why are you so fast to jump down my throat? At least I'm trying to help unlike your post just straight hatin on me for no reason.

yeah that has already been clarified. I thought you were intentionally leaving out some good brands so I made a smartass comment about it. I was wrong. Not hating on you man!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I am running a mechman 320 and my car idle so low it dont do shit at idle really I get 15 volts driving down the road but at idle I get bout 13 heh

, my car idles like 650 or so. i am gonna look into options to raise the idle to around 1000 or so to get a little more output at idle

right now I am playing the turn it down at stop sign/stop light game or I am into 11s within seconds lol. I wanted to add I am only at 1.6 ohms atm but adding another 18 so will be down to .8

I am just left wondering how much of a difference there could be between batteries if they are virgin lead and agm. Its not like a lot of companies are manufacturing their batteries in small batches in the basement or whatever. I am thinking a lot of rebadging goes on just like Korean amps ect.

I am not going to be burping the vehicle but may be bassracing it dbdrag style. goal is 149.9

The exides are just available to me from local menards

Where might I be able to aquire other good brands locally? There is Walmart/oreaillys auto/ autozone/napa/sears nearby

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

I am running a mechman 320 and my car idle so low it dont do shit at idle really I get 15 volts driving down the road but at idle I get bout 13 heh

, my car idles like 650 or so. i am gonna look into options to raise the idle to around 1000 or so to get a little more output at idle

right now I am playing the turn it down at stop sign/stop light game or I am into 11s within seconds lol. I wanted to add I am only at 1.6 ohms atm but adding another 18 so will be down to .8

I am just left wondering how much of a difference there could be between batteries if they are virgin lead and agm. Its not like a lot of companies are manufacturing their batteries in small batches in the basement or whatever. I am thinking a lot of rebadging goes on just like Korean amps ect.

I am not going to be burping the vehicle but may be bassracing it dbdrag style. goal is 149.9

Where might I be able to aquire other good brands locally? There is Walmart/oreaillys auto/ autozone/napa/sears nearby

You could raise rpm to get more at idle or getting a different alt would work too. The ladder would be a little more expensive but with 650 rpm at idle, a 270 hairpin would let you play all day.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Where at?

i notice also theres a sams club about 45 mins away they have some Duracell group 31 agm's 105 amp hour rate. 180 bucks

anyone running Duracell and are they any good?

How much did ya pay for those o reillys superstarts? are they group 31?

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Archived