Maybe impossible....but I'll ask

My Dad has a 2004 Crown Vic and wants a new headunit.

Problem is he wants built in Handsfree for his phone and Mom requires it to have a cassette player. Closest I have found is a radio from a Focus with cassette and bluetooth streaming. Only way out of the cassette is to find all her old gospel music on CD and that just ain't happening. She refuses to go CD if she can't still have all her gospel music.

I have kicked around the idea of a double din in the dash with NAV/Handsfree and run a 1 din deck in the glove box just for cassettes going into the double din thru the AUX plugs. Don't know how well that would work out tho'. Seems like my only option.

I am willing to try an aftermarket Handsfree kit but it can't be an AUX unit as I think they only work if the radio is using the AUX IN. This would not allow my Mom to play cassettes and have the Handsfree also work at the same time.(I could be wrong)

Please help me out......thanks in advance

It's there not some kind of cassette to USB you could get for it?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Most if not all aftermarket HU's have a 3.5mm aux port. Buy your Bluetooth HU, get 3.5mm aux cable and a portable cassette player. Done. Not ideal for the cleanest signal at high volumes, but it will work.

/thread

^ by far the easiest way.

...it kind of defeats the purpose of the hands free though if you mom has to "fiddle" with two different things.

My folks are so tech illiterate that they would't be able to handle switching from tape to cd to aux

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived