Second Skin Audio

need box help 18" sub

TimLampke

Hello i am making a 18" sub using a tc9 motor and a basket and recone from fixmyspeaker.com and i need some help making a box, i have a 2005 Chevrolet equinox, and a Hifonics Brutus BRX1100.1D. any advice is appreciated :help:

2005 Chevrolett equinoxx, 4 Rockford Fosgate P1675, Pioneer AVH-X2700BS, 18" tc9 sub

Hello i am making a 18" sub using a tc9 motor and a basket and recone from fixmyspeaker.com and i need some help making a box, i have a 2005 Chevrolet equinox, and a Hifonics Brutus BRX1100.1D. any advice is appreciated :help:

I personally have no experience in building a speaker as you are but i would contact fix my speaker and ask them. Ur motor strength and such is fine but in my opinion u need to plan around ur soft parts, I.E. spiders, cone and surround strength. If ur getting softies from fix my speaker then i suggest u contact them and see if u can give them the basket and motor and have them build and test it so they can give u the small thiele parameters of the build. buing a motor and basket, buying softies online you can only guess what the Fs Re Qts Qms ECT of a sub is. Adding spiders changes everying just like taking away spiders, i think you should send the motor and basket to fix my speaker and let them build it for you and tell them what you want it to do

Just my .02 good luck :)

Archived