Traxxas E-Revo (Brushless) on Litho batts - FAST!!

Why does everyone say electric over nitro? (or gas or whatever it is)

Because electrics have advanced so much that the benefits that gas ones used to have over them are gone.

Plus they are a lot easier to maintain as well.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Internal combustion engines rely on a peak in the power band for maximum torque. Electric motors have 100% torque available at any rpm.

Lithium batteries and brushless motors.

Nitro motors are messy. You can't help but get unburnt fuel from out the pipe and dust combined in a layer over everything. Nitro motors are very finicky and require constant tuning and maintenance. Nitro motors are loud and piss people off. (this one goes both ways {like bola} nitro motors are cool because they are loud) Nitro fuel is $35 a gallon. Glow plugs need replacing often.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Look like a blast to take with you when you hit the mountains /dunes with the razor. Buddy had a gas years back. Fuck we spent more time trying to get it running, and wasting/spilling that costly go juice than driving it. It was hella quick though. Hard to control even lol.

Gotcha, thanks all, was merely curious

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

If you think they are fast now Steve, get your hands on a higher discharge battery like a 65c or even 100c. Shit's nuts.

I thought it was the number of cells that increased speed? Like 2s, 3s, 4s, and so on and the C was how quickly it can get to top speed. Either way, these cars are a fucking blast.

Or fuck, maybe that is what you are saying...

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

More cells means more voltage. The C rating is how quickly the battery can dump it's charge. The higher the C value the quicker it can pump out the juice. For the longest time I thought that it wouldn't matter much, but I did some side by side testing of 20C vs 65C batteries (both 3 cell LiPo) and was surprised at how quickly motors spooled up and how hard they pulled.

Granted, most of my experience is with RC aircraft not cars. But the batteries, motors, and ESC's all work the same regardless of vehicle type.

Yup, after I wrote that I thought that was maybe what you were saying, hence the edit. I have ran on 2s 20C batteries the whole time, of course it's in a short course truck converted to a concrete warrior.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69