Help with the EVL 6.5s

Low deep bass with 6.5 ?

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I have a buddy with 3 Skar 8's in a 4th order box and it hits just as low as the T2 12 that I have. Definitely have a new respect for smaller subs. It's just a project, so maybe a better question is how do you calculate the correct Hz for a box? Or do you just go with manufacture data no matter how many subs you put in the box.

Sounds good I use 12volt.com for port tuning . Pretty easy site to use. Hope it sounds good I had an sa-8 loved it . But bigger subs always better for lows I bet that box will look pretty badass with 4 of those beasts in there. As far as what hertz I would go on skars website.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

If the purpose of building a 4th BP is to experiment, let loose and get at it. If you're BOUND by some sort of constraints that ONLY allows a bandpass enclosure, I understand and see the need. If you're wanting a bandpass because you think it will hammer lows or be a flatter response or thinking it will outperform a standard ported enclosure(which is a 4th order btw), move on and forget it.

From a member here very knowledgeable in enclosure design.

maybe this will help you some in finding out what you want. I'd recommend reading the whole thing and doing a lot more research, and download an enclosure design software in order to model out the predicted response of the enclosure you want with the subs you want.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/page-9

if its a 4th order bandpass and not a conventional ported box that you are asking about...they are both in the same grouping... . only a few people on here can help you in the way you really want... its a real hit or miss kind of box.... you either hit it right and it sounds great and musical or you hit it wrong and it plays 1 note and subs cook.... from what I under stand you want the sealed chamber at the recommended sealed size and the ported side no less than 2x bigger than the sealed and tuned at the resonant frequency of the sealed side.... most people on here throw out ratios but some talk about 3:1 with good results with a high port tune in the 50's.... If I remember correctly in a 4th the sealed side makes the low end bass not the ported side

Edited by MotorCityFats13

• 2 months later...

Here are the specs of the enclosure we built here at Skar Audio

Enclosure Dimensions: 26" Wide 10" High 10" Depth

Vent: 1.5" Wide 8.5" High 18.75" Length

Tuned @ 42hz

and here is a demo video and some photos of the enclosure!
IMG_0050.jpg
Edited by skaraudio

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg