HO Alternator for 2013 Hyundai Veloster

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations as far as obtaining a HO Alt for my 2013 Veloster. I'm currently running stock 90 Amp with a XS D4800 up front as well. The Amp I am running now is a Rockford Prime r1200-1D (Current electrical handles well). I will soon be upgrading to a Soundqubed Q1-2200.2 at 1ohm.

I originally had looked at Mechman but they don't seem to handle anything Hyundai, as far as I can tell.

I found this one here: http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/item_612/Hyundai-Veloster.htm but i'm not so sure about the brand.

Perhaps contacting Singer Alts would be the better choice? Maybe just an additional battery?

Singer is good, DC power inc, and Mechman are the big three. With Mechman and DC it's better to call and speak with a CSR due to not all listings being shown on their sites, or they may know of an alt that is listed under one vehicle but fits yours as well.

I personally vote singer for customer service, and I've not had any issues with my 270 hairpin from him. He even emailed me recently informing me of higher output options for a vehicle I received a quote on from him two years ago that he didn't have the power I needed at the time. Good guy mike singer :good:

Sold Nate L that alt :)

It's a bit of a pain to get in I think I recall him sayin, but he's ran it and loved it for a while now. :)

I'd start by writing emails to Mechman, DC power, Singer, Excessive Amperage, GP Car audio, and Iraggi. See who gets back to you, then go from there. Figure out if you have a dumb alternator or one that's computer controlled if none of those guys can help, and you might be able to swap to a more common alternator case.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

Sold Nate L that alt :)

It's a bit of a pain to get in I think I recall him sayin, but he's ran it and loved it for a while now. :)

didnt know that kyle but i knew it was the same car. damn i hate lookin for b/l's that have been dead for awhile

I almost bought one of these cash yesterday for 12,000 with 40k miles

I really like the paddle shifters and the transmission on those is real nice

Mechman has a 320amp for $800

unrelated but Im just wondering

Did you gut all the factory sound out?

take out the amp under passenger seat?

put in custom headunit or kept 7" touchscreen?

do u have turbo?

how much do you hate the giant blindspots and tiny rear window?

thanks

I haven't gotten all of the factory equipment out as of yet, I've only had the car for around 1 month so just haven't gotten around to it. I have taken out the factory amp ( What a piece of #$@$ it was) and replaced it with a Rockford r300X4 (forgot to mention this); The factory speakers in my model are actually not entirely horrible, it is a "high performance" dimension system and they seem to hold the power. I have put in an aftermarket HU (JVC, forget the model). I do have the turbo model. As far as that last one, I deal with it lol, doesn't bother me too bad.

Archived