Best move to make....

Hey fellas,

I have been recently wanting to change my setup. I currently have a ZV4 12 D2 up on a Sundown SCV 2k. I'm looking to replace my ZV4 with a FI SP4 18 in D1 config.

Of course the SP4 would be at .5 ohm, and for that, i'd be trying to squeeze some more power out of my amp. But stability is my greatest concern.

I currently have a Singer 280a alt with two xs power 4800s under the hood with the big 3. Two runs of 1/0 to the back my distribution block then to my amps (crescendo 800/4 and my sub amp). Is this sufficient enough for what i want to do? If not what would be?

Thanks

now this is just me, personally. BUT.

I would put a XP3000 or two XP2000's, in the back as your distro blocks, and pick up another SCV2k.

I would rather run 2 amps at their rated impedance, than stress a single amp running .5, plus you have room to expand in the future.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

now this is just me, personally. BUT.

I would put a XP3000 or two XP2000's, in the back as your distro blocks, and pick up another SCV2k.

I would rather run 2 amps at their rated impedance, than stress a single amp running .5, plus you have room to expand in the future.

Yeah that could be possible. But with my positioning it'd be a bit difficult for me to fit another amp besides a battery. I'd be looking at the Northstar SMSAGM220 for the thinness. Should be able to squeeze that in somewhere...

i wouldn't do d1, i would do d2 that way you can wire down to 1ohm which would actually be .7

Half of me says that so i dont have to do much except the enclosure.. As for the rest I'm not sure if i follow..

I thought, in D2 parallel would be 1 ohm.. not .7?? What would D1 be.. .3? lol (Not yanking your chain but, you can never learn without questions...)

i wouldn't do d1, i would do d2 that way you can wire down to 1ohm which would actually be .7

Half of me says that so i dont have to do much except the enclosure.. As for the rest I'm not sure if i follow..

I thought, in D2 parallel would be 1 ohm.. not .7?? What would D1 be.. .3? lol (Not yanking your chain but, you can never learn without questions...)

FI subs are made at .7 ohms not 1ohm .... wiring at .5 with FI sub would equal something around .2

FI subs are made at .7 ohms not 1ohm .... wiring at .5 with FI sub would equal something around .2

same reason I said to get a pair of the 2k's lol. One on each coil at .7 nominal or whatever

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

They're actually not .7 and 1.4. Buddy has a D2 and the coils are actually at 2 ohm. At least that for his SD 12"

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived