Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 kicker l7 15s

Mosley_23

Grand prix gxp

Oops my bad didn't see that. That's going to be a tight fit for those 15's. You're looking at a minimum of 3 cubes per sub plus port according to Kicker. Search user name Joe X and Triticum Agricolam. They both can give you some great info and advice on your build.

Grand prix gxp

Oops my bad didn't see that. That's going to be a tight fit for those 15's. You're looking at a minimum of 3 cubes per sub plus port according to Kicker. Search user name Joe X and Triticum Agricolam. They both can give you some great info and advice on your build.

and his dimensions give a box with 11.02 cubes (including port) so even with a port tuned to 33Hz (that is halfway between the "compact" and "SQ" port areas, being 6x16.25) it still gives around 4.7-5 cubes per sub. FYI the "SQ" box seams to be tuned to 36Hz.

I can try to draw one up but it will be like the weekend before I have the time.

Grand prix gxp

and his dimensions give a box with 11.02 cubes (including port) so even with a port tuned to 33Hz (that is halfway between the "compact" and "SQ" port areas, being 6x16.25) it still gives around 4.7-5 cubes per sub. FYI the "SQ" box seams to be tuned to 36Hz.

I can try to draw one up but it will be like the weekend before I have the time.

Maybe I should've been more specific. The reason I said it's going to be a tight fit, he's planning on using the entire trunk. He's going to have to cut the box down a little to allow the sound waves to escape into the cabin. If he has fold down rear seats and the box is facing forward it won't be a problem, If facing rear, he's gonna need clearance in front, sides and or top of the enclosure for sound to escape into the cabin via rear deck or fold down seats, if not he'll have one loud ass trunk with a shit load of vibration.

And the port with be 3 inches wide

if it's 3 inches by the 17 height then that is WAY to small for 2 of those. at the 17 height that port needs to be like 6-7 inches wide to get the square inches of port area you need for 2 of those.

give me the weekend I'll try to put something together.

OK based on your dimensions of 36 wide 17 tall and 30 deep here is a box design that is a slightly scaled up version of the "Vented Compact" specs from the Kicker website, it is tuned to approximately 32Hz (if I could find the exact displacement on those subs I could dial it in better, I went with an assumed displacement of 0.22 cubes per sub)

Mosley%20concept%203d%20view_zpskvephkqm

Mosley%20concept%20plan%20view_zpsy0mixz

if you can find the displacement on the subs I can dial it in, also I can change the tuning point if you don't want 32Hz just let me know.

Archived