Will Nvidia Pascal change Gsync?

After watching the release last night not sure where gsync is headed...

That being said holy shit the new cards have some serious horsepower.

GTX 1080 $599 release May 26-27th

GTX 1070 $379 release in June

The 1080 they used last night had 8gb of ram, a 2.114 ghz core clock, and 5500 mhz memory clock running at 67 degrees Celsius on air cooling. 96 frames per second in VR.

Thank god, now the 980's price will drop down to where I'm comfortable getting a pair.

I wouldn't count on it. 1070 is likely going to be cheaper for a while, and should shit on 980s anyway. Especially if this new SLI format is as good as Nvidia says it is.

Specs from nvidia site say 1.6ghz with 1.7ghz boost core clock so not that far off from what was shown.
Dont waste money on the 980's even in SLI the 1070 will smoke them more than likely.
The problem will be getting the price to drop and someone have them in stock at said price, go back and look at a GTX 7xx series they are still 100-150$ when the 9xx series is better.

Under Construction

• 2 weeks later...

so........who has one? How do you like?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 3 weeks later...
"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Specs from nvidia site say 1.6ghz with 1.7ghz boost core clock so not that far off from what was shown.

Dont waste money on the 980's even in SLI the 1070 will smoke them more than likely.

The problem will be getting the price to drop and someone have them in stock at said price, go back and look at a GTX 7xx series they are still 100-150$ when the 9xx series is better.

I dunno many reviewers that tested nvidias claim of a single 1080 would be faster than 2 980s in sli has been proven false.

There are a couple games where the 1080 is faster but mostly the 980s in sli crushed the 1080 the majority of the time.

Also if I remember correctly that nvidia claim is from using virtual reality and not games/benchmarks.

I dunno many reviewers that tested nvidias claim of a single 1080 would be faster than 2 980s in sli has been proven false.

There are a couple games where the 1080 is faster but mostly the 980s in sli crushed the 1080 the majority of the time.

Also if I remember correctly that nvidia claim is from using virtual reality and not games/benchmarks.

After watching the release last night not sure where gsync is headed...

That being said holy shit the new cards have some serious horsepower.

GTX 1080 $599 release May 26-27th

GTX 1070 $379 release in June

The 1080 they used last night had 8gb of ram, a 2.114 ghz core clock, and 5500 mhz memory clock running at 67 degrees Celsius on air cooling. 96 frames per second in VR.

Thank god, now the 980's price will drop down to where I'm comfortable getting a pair.

I wouldn't count on it. 1070 is likely going to be cheaper for a while, and should shit on 980s anyway. Especially if this new SLI format is as good as Nvidia says it is.

Yeah...so take that meanie pants McKnowitall.

I mean 980s and 980tis wont drop in price.

They will be sold at original price until stock is out typically.

The only way you will find good deals on them is if your buying used from people that are trying to sell fast to offset the costs of the new cards.

Thing with SLI is its not that great for all games, many of them have bad support.

There are a few games that SLI hinders my performance.

CS:GO and h1z1 are a couple that are not SLI friendly.

On the ingame menu screen for CSGO running at 1080p 144hz on my 1440P monitor with 1 card I get 1000ish fps. Same in game screen, same settings but with 3way sli enabled (3 780TI SC watercooled cards) im looking at 300ish fps..

That is pure crap and proof of a unsupported game for sli.

Now other games like BF4 I see an improvement between no sli and sli.

Me knowing that alone would make me want to go after the single card like a 1080 or the ti version once released just for sli issues alone.

Everything said before release was speculation. Old SLI gained you about 25% as long as the game supported it. Now if you can overclock the 1080's like nvidia did aka 2.1ghz core speed maybe it would bench better. I was not impressed after seeing the benchmarks of the 1080. I still wouldn't recommend buying old cards unless you are upgrading a older spare pc or you get a great deal on a killer card.

Edit for review of 1070

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-geforce-gtx-1070-review/?utm_content=buffer4133b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer-maxpc

Under Construction

I am kind of thinking I will wait for the 1080Ti as well. Plus things won't actually STAY in stock for a long while yet I bet......

EDIT: GAH! wish I could get my hands on one right now, lol......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived