Second Skin Audio

I sent the info to my buddy with the f-450. He wanted to know if it's only a few more dollars (sheets) to do a more complete application of the sound deadening material if it would make sense. Once we tear the truck apart he said the $50 isn't a big deal.

Always best to do a full installation of products IMO, never fun going back in to try and catch the sound coming from the gaps that some people leave. He can always save money with B Stock products which are currently out of stock but will be available soon again. Also for large orders and SMD forum members we usually throw out a decent discount.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two boxes in my garage (40 ft) ready to go in on Saturday.

Thanks Second Skin.

Awesome.....have fun on your install and thanks for using our great American made products!!! Second Skin For The Win

Edited by Second Skin

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

I just looked under the carpet of my 2000 f350 super duty dually and it has some solid factory deadener. I'm going to have the seats out tomorrow and figured I would deaden it all while I was under there.

Is there any advantage to going overy the factory thick as hell putty looking stuff with damp pro?

Is there any advantage to going overy the factory thick as hell putty looking stuff with damp pro?

Depends on what the factory stuff is made of and how much is applied there. If it is just an asphalt/tar product it is only sound deadening by weight not by actually absorbing the vibrations. If it is covered every where then there wouldn't be much benefit to adding Damplifier Pro on top except that the metal would be more solid and rigid, as the Damplifier Pro is intended (and performs best) when actually attached to the metal to absorb the vibration waves. If the factory product seems to be doing a decent job of vibration control than just put a Mass Loaded Vinyl like Luxury Liner Pro on top of it to decouple the air borne waves, block out sound, and give a great thermal value.

468x60.png

Depends on what the factory stuff is made of and how much is applied there. If it is just an asphalt/tar product it is only sound deadening by weight not by actually absorbing the vibrations. If it is covered every where then there wouldn't be much benefit to adding Damplifier Pro on top except that the metal would be more solid and rigid, as the Damplifier Pro is intended (and performs best) when actually attached to the metal to absorb the vibration waves. If the factory product seems to be doing a decent job of vibration control than just put a Mass Loaded Vinyl like Luxury Liner Pro on top of it to decouple the air borne waves, block out sound, and give a great thermal value.

I plan to do the doors and roof with this first. I heard the roof is hands down the biggest culprit for bad sound. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that was gospel.

I am a solo gig for the most part and once I get going I forget all about pictures but I'll try to remember this time. It's a big ass roof man.lol

I always tell myself I am going to snap pics. MY ADD or OCD or whatever else is three letters kicks in and I just go. You should see what happens when I start working on a computer build.