Second Skin Audio

SA-18? who has ran this sub ?

Bayuk89

I found a website selling some sundown SA-18 for $199 (dont know if thats with shipping included) who has run the sa-18 before are they pretty good ? I also been eye balling some HDC300 18" as well because ive put hands on soundqued subs i know what they are about, but the sundown SA-18 price tag has got my attention....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds way to cheap might be a refurb . I'd do some homework on that but I know sundown subs slam .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

They are on close-out right now -- which will be ending any day now due to stock running out.

The SA-18 was a fairly low production model before we ceased production ; but there are over 700 units out there on the market -- people seem very pleased with them.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I called the company and they answered on the third ring :) they said its new not "b-stock" and its $199 SHIPPED.... This is a hard choice this morning. I never ran sundown before but i hear ALOT of great things. Im runing two low end 15's right now and i figure one SA-18 will out shine both my 15" in quality and sound....

I want to move air and hit lows... My two quantum Q3000 15/d do good for me right now but i want MORE. I have a 1500 watt @1ohm amp right now @2 ohms it does 900 watts. Idk if one 18" @ 900 watts will be as loud as two 15" @ 1500 watts... Pound for pound i know the SA is wayy better quailty then my quantums but having two 15" on more power VS. One 18" on less power ? I could buy a better amp and another SA-18 next month and run two 18" on 1.5-2.0k

18 has less cone area then 2 15s

so u wanna put less power to less cone area and expect huge gains? hmmm think about that for a minute.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Yea i want two 18" and i cant justify $400 speaker purchase at this moment... I dont wanna lose out on these SA-18 cuz they are discontinued tho... What do people usually throw at these SA series ? I hear 1k-1.5k on most sites despite the 600 RMS ratting... I dont/havent comp yet so i think it should handle 1k just fine ?

Masterbasser i dont expect big gains on less cone and power, i just thought one better quaility 18" will be able to play lower and cleaner than my current cheapie quantum 15's. These quantums play ok and i got them stinky a few times but not they thump everyday. I just to play decaf songs with more athority and air. Im tuned to 34hz and each sub is chambered to 3.2 feet net. I thought the build quaility alone from just one SA-18 will play lower and cleaner. My Xmax is 13mm and BL 9.9 the SA has an Xmax of 19mm and BL of 23

Archived