Second Skin Audio

SA-18? who has ran this sub ?

Bayuk89

Yea i want two 18" and i cant justify $400 speaker purchase at this moment... I dont wanna lose out on these SA-18 cuz they are discontinued tho... What do people usually throw at these SA series ? I hear 1k-1.5k on most sites despite the 600 RMS ratting... I dont/havent comp yet so i think it should handle 1k just fine ?

Masterbasser i dont expect big gains on less cone and power, i just thought one better quaility 18" will be able to play lower and cleaner than my current cheapie quantum 15's. These quantums play ok and i got them stinky a few times but not they thump everyday. I just to play decaf songs with more athority and air. Im tuned to 34hz and each sub is chambered to 3.2 feet net. I thought the build quaility alone from just one SA-18 will play lower and cleaner. My Xmax is 13mm and BL 9.9 the SA has an Xmax of 19mm and BL of 23

Do you have room for two 18"s? If you do, I'd probably be finding a way to come up with $400 somehow. You would be getting a LOT of sub for $200. If two 18"s is the direction you want to go, this is one hell of an opportunity.

FYI, the BL measurement by itself doesn't really mean much, it changes depending on the impedance of the coils and how they are wired.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Ive got room for two 18" im gonna just bite the bullet and buy two SA18 D4 tomorrow....

For $400, I don't think you can go wrong.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That sounds like a great deal. What size voice coil? I would be running 18s if I could fit them!

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Sounds like you need to wall it! Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I bit the bullet and Just bought two SA-18 D4 this morning. Car audio bargain is selling them new for $199 SHIPPED !!

Thanks for sharing this and yeah they have a free shipping option, just bought one for myself.

Going to use it for home audio duties.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That sounds like a great deal. What size voice coil? I would be running 18s if I could fit them!

The coil is identical to the SA-10/12/15 -- which is a 2.5" coil with a 45mm winding length.

The motor of the SA-18 is substantially larger than the other SA series, though.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Archived