So I thought half of my stereo was dead, turns out my phone cannot bluetooth a stereo signal for some reason. My question that originated into me looking into why it didn't work. What does the VU get it's source from. Is there a 4 channel amp powering each speaker? So the VU is for just a speaker, or is there a 2 channel power each side, so the VU goes off of that?

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 5 months later...

So I thought half of my stereo was dead, turns out my phone cannot bluetooth a stereo signal for some reason. My question that originated into me looking into why it didn't work. What does the VU get it's source from. Is there a 4 channel amp powering each speaker? So the VU is for just a speaker, or is there a 2 channel power each side, so the VU goes off of that?

The VU meter gets its signal from the left and right woofer amplifiers