Alpine CDE-HD149BT.. Not what you'd expect with DD-1

why do were the gain is set matter as long as it is clip and distortion free?

I got 10 bucks says your 148 does the same thing as I have owned literary 100's of alpine decks

From what has been posted on here and the reading of these posts, amps are working harder and running hotter, not to mention the nice HISS you get now.. Im not doubting it, im just iterating what the posts have said..

a Gain is not a volume it is to match the input voltage of the deck....

with enough input voltage a 0 gain (turned all the way down) can still get max out put from an amp even clip/distort the signal

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 10 bucks says your 148 does the same thing as I have owned literary 100's of alpine decks

Seems legit considering username lol

I do love my alpine decks and products but the user name has nothing to do with the company Alpine electronics lol

why do were the gain is set matter as long as it is clip and distortion free?

This is true. I had a 9887 and a 147bt. Almost same.outcome on both

That's all good, but based on my now 25 max volume, there's not enough gain dial to match the subs cause the voltage is so low without having to tweak something else to get the sub channel a boost in DB.. That's all..

2018 F350 Platinum Hostile w/ Toyo 37 MT's

Big 3

Gately Audio 4 - 8" Enclosure

B2 Audio XM8's

SounDigital Evo 5000.1 2ohm

SounDigital Evo 1200.4 4ohm

AudioControl DM-608

PAC AmpPro - Optical Out

Kleinn Demon Train Horn

Viper DS4+ Smart Start

On alpine head unites you have to set the sub woofer level high to 15 to get volts on the rcas

This was done.. Figured this out and checked after weak sub out.. re-adjusted and reset based on the 15 level.. Thats the issue, at the volume level from the HU, the volts out on the Sub channel is so weak, the gains are maxed on the PDX-M12's and its still not picking up distortion.... <_<

Big 3

B2 Audio XM8's

AudioControl DM-608

PAC AmpPro - Optical Out

Kleinn Demon Train Horn

Viper DS4+ Smart Start

I don't see how your are pretty much the only person I have ever heard of having issues with rca output from an alpine deck there are tons of them used in competition SQ and spl and none of them have an issue with a Max vol. Of 23.....

I have never personally had to put an amps gain up past half way on ANY AMP while using many alpine decks I have ran from junk audio pipes amps to nice Hertz amps and everything inbetween....

Your issue really makes no sense to me

But hey try a different Brand deck maybe that will fix it and you will be happy (even if I doubt that's the issue)

had a couple of alpines before, up to volume 28 and never had a problem with my audio equipement..i belive i still have my 9886 just need the front plate..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Id be happy to do a video to show.. They sent me another 149 instead of a 148. So now I have 2 149's, they both do the same exact thing, Front/Rear Distort at 22 volume with the DD-1. Subwoofer channel doesnt distort at all full volume.

Hooked up the Kenwood, re-tested again, Full volume no distortion on all channels. On the Alpine, Subwoofer output is 15. If I Average 35 & 21 and make my max volume 28... Subwoofer gains are maxed and no distortion light, all 4 full range gains are turned down and still picks up the distortion light on both -10db and -5db 40kHz.... The signal is just dirty. If I drop the max volume to 25, I can go a hair over 1/2 on full range gains with 0 distortion, subwoofer gains are maxed, no distortion detected... It is what it is... The sound floor is ridiculous at these levels.

I will be headed back to the local shop and seeing if I can get the one he had that we tested and went up to 26 before it distorted, and just try to find the balance. I even called Alpine Tech support, which was no help.

Big 3

B2 Audio XM8's

AudioControl DM-608

PAC AmpPro - Optical Out

Kleinn Demon Train Horn

Viper DS4+ Smart Start

Archived