Alpine CDE-HD149BT.. Not what you'd expect with DD-1

Coincidentally I am having the same issue. I have a Kenwood X998 and I had decided to adjust my overlap and noticed this issue.

Before reading this post, I was looking to order some new leads for my DD-1 since I had broken a set and had to re solder it.

Now I'm going to see if I can find a few decks to test and verify but I think I now know what my problem is.

I'm pretty sure I have a 3 year warranty on the deck so I will get the deck replaced since it seems it is faulty.

Thank you guys for this post, the knowledge, and the entertainment. :good::good::good::good::yahoo:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coincidentally I am having the same issue. I have a Kenwood X998 and I had decided to adjust my overlap and noticed this issue.

Before reading this post, I was looking to order some new leads for my DD-1 since I had broken a set and had to re solder it.

Now I'm going to see if I can find a few decks to test and verify but I think I now know what my problem is.

I'm pretty sure I have a 3 year warranty on the deck so I will get the deck replaced since it seems it is faulty.

Thank you guys for this post, the knowledge, and the entertainment. :good::good::good::good::yahoo:

If you need a distortion free X997 I have one, it's the one I just pulled out and almost end ended up putting it back in... ?

2018 F350 Platinum Hostile w/ Toyo 37 MT's

Big 3

Gately Audio 4 - 8" Enclosure

B2 Audio XM8's

SounDigital Evo 5000.1 2ohm

SounDigital Evo 1200.4 4ohm

AudioControl DM-608

PAC AmpPro - Optical Out

Kleinn Demon Train Horn

Viper DS4+ Smart Start

And the 9887 lives to see another day. I won't be switching any time soon

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

what so this guy don't have anything else to say? He didn't see Tony's video and then remove his from Youtube knowing he was wrong? What does that mean? It means he has different motives. He can't be stupid enough to believe his own words after that.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

If you need a distortion free X997 I have one, it's the one I just pulled out and almost end ended up putting it back in...

If they don't honor my warranty then I may just take you up on that offer.

I told Tony there would be crickets after the video.. Sure enough.. Crickets.. Silence is golden!! HAHA Its amazing, you have to create a video to shut the naysayers and haters up as well as prove a point....

Big 3

B2 Audio XM8's

AudioControl DM-608

PAC AmpPro - Optical Out

Kleinn Demon Train Horn

Viper DS4+ Smart Start

Seeing trolls get owned makes me happy...

You-Make-Me-So-Happy-Meme-17_zpsrcfdyztm

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

KHA can fight his own battles so I will let him respond, but I will say that he is an extremely intelligent and highly educated person whose day job is acoustical engineering. This ain't his first day. He's also a very active and productive member of the community. I speak with him quite often. And that's the only reason I'm responding in here- because his wife is in surgery and I'm sure he couldn't give two shits about this topic at the moment.

He's not one to shy away from a debate. So I'm sure you guys will get your drama fix soon enough.

Yall can kick him around all you want. He's a big boy (figuratively speaking). But positive thoughts and good vibes for his wife, people!!!

KHA can fight his own battles so I will let him respond, but I will say that he is an extremely intelligent and highly educated person whose day job is acoustical engineering. This ain't his first day. He's also a very active and productive member of the community. I speak with him quite often. And that's the only reason I'm responding in here- because his wife is in surgery and I'm sure he couldn't give two shits about this topic at the moment.

He's not one to shy away from a debate. So I'm sure you guys will get your drama fix soon enough.

Yall can kick him around all you want. He's a big boy (figuratively speaking). But positive thoughts and good vibes for his wife, people!!!

Taylor,

I have no personal ill feelings towards anyone in this situation, and I wish his wife well. What I do have a problem with is people doubting or even implying that what i am trying to share with everyone is false or bullshit. I have no issues proving my point, Im new here, nobody knows me, but I turned to these forums as a way of sharing information, what i found, in hopes to find answers or even a solution to a problem I had. It became an even bigger issue when Steve and Tony's DD-1 was called out on the table saying its an idiot light and is worthless cause it tells you nothing. This is when Steve and Tony both jumped in, because this is a personal attack on their product, which, without it, my situation would have never come to light. It then progressed even more by insulting the craftsmanship and cost. The facts were stated, the video was created, the points were proven, and the case was laid to rest...

I will say this, Thank you to Steve and Tony for producing a product can show/detect this, without it, I would have gone about my business, never knowing, assuming it was something else. There's nothing out there like it, yah you can get a HP Distortion Analyzer, a good O-Scope with decent enough resolution, but who in their right mind as an end user has that kind of stuff laying around?? Not many, so thats not practical. On top of that, I seriously doubt the people who do have these, like Tony, wants to analyze everyones headunit to check, so instead, they came up with an easy to use product that doesnt have every last bell and whistle, instead, it tells you what you need to know, thats it, nothing more, nothing less. It doesnt need to tell you how much distortion there is exactly, just needs to tell you its over 1%. Doesnt need to show you the deformed wave, so you can see exactly where it is, just needs to tell you, it exists. If you want all the kinda of details, Im sure you can go get those tools and pay well over 150 bucks... For me, ill take the DD-1. Hell, the DD-1 is still cheaper than a handheld O-scope, and dont try to tell me those cheap knock offs is gonna show you with enough resolution with what we saw, cause i highly doubt it. But if you want to go spent 3-700 bucks on a decent handheld, again, you're looking for clipping, not distortion. The DD-1 tells you both... Even if I could tell you what the exact level of distortion is, what the heck am I going to do with that info?? Not a thing, I could care less, I only need to know that distortion is there, Im good with that. The tool is invaluable, those that dont think so, guess what, they dont have to buy it, thats fine, you're entitled to that choice as well as your opinion, but dont discredit the product. The product works, actually worked flawlessly. And just for the record, just because you have an opinion, doesnt always means you have to state it, but if you do, try to be graceful about it. Its all in the delivery, I dont care who you are, nobody likes to be or feel attacked, and sitting behind a keyboard seems to bring the best out in people, instead of swallowing a tad of humble pie. Id be the first one to admit when Im wrong, or even agree to disagree, its called integrity. Id much rather have the title of having integrity than being an ass or making an ass out of myself, but thats me...

Big 3

B2 Audio XM8's

AudioControl DM-608

PAC AmpPro - Optical Out

Kleinn Demon Train Horn

Viper DS4+ Smart Start

Archived