Alpine CDE-HD149BT.. Not what you'd expect with DD-1

Good deal, looks like we will eventually find something out. Thanks for the update.

On a side note I could not live without a HU any longer so I went with a CDE-164BT. HD radio and radio in general was not high on my priority list and through my research I learned that the 164 has a higher output voltage. Funny thing is I never mentioned the higher output to anyone at the local dealer and two of the guys there said the same thing. That they seem to have a higher output voltage through the RCA's than the 148's or 149's. One of them told me, I think he was the install guy, that he had a lot better luck out of the 164 and in general it was a much better sounding HU.

Man date on the 164 is Jan 2015 and I still plan on bench testing it as soon as I get my hands on a DD1, I will let you know what I find out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick followup - They issued me an ATR # and I sent the unit I had back yesterday. I followed up with an email to Laurance letting him know I have a Poker Run in Havasu and really need the new unit by wednesday of next week. I got a call this morning from the Tech Support Manager to follow up on the tracking number, my address, and to let me know they will be also sending me some swag merchandise and that they valued me as a customer. Kinda cool to see them acknowledge the issue, but had I not gotten the support from Tony and Juan to make a video to prove, I dont think we would have gotten this far. Ill let you know once I test the new one they send...

2018 F350 Platinum Hostile w/ Toyo 37 MT's

Big 3

Gately Audio 4 - 8" Enclosure

B2 Audio XM8's

SounDigital Evo 5000.1 2ohm

SounDigital Evo 1200.4 4ohm

AudioControl DM-608

PAC AmpPro - Optical Out

Kleinn Demon Train Horn

Viper DS4+ Smart Start

I just received my replacement Alpine CDE-HD149BT... Its been tested, 0 distortion full volume all channels...

Here's the kicker, MFG Date - September 2013 !!!! LMAO

Out of curiosity, I checked voltage at full volume, Sub channel 4.0v, Front/Rear - 3.6v.. Beggers cant be choosers I guess.. HAHA.

2018 F350 Platinum Hostile w/ Toyo 37 MT's

Big 3

Gately Audio 4 - 8" Enclosure

B2 Audio XM8's

SounDigital Evo 5000.1 2ohm

SounDigital Evo 1200.4 4ohm

AudioControl DM-608

PAC AmpPro - Optical Out

Kleinn Demon Train Horn

Viper DS4+ Smart Start

Realy had this bread was started. (Wow, edit: really glad this thread haha) I was getting ready to sell my 9887 and buy this but I'll just stick with what I have.

I have an 80prs sitting around but I'm not a fan.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived