Couple of "gaming" questions for you all

First things first, I have a PS4 that "santa" brought our family for christmas.

Anyway, I've been playing some first person shooter games, went through the Uncharted Trilogy and waiting for 4, just finished Tomb Raider Definitive Edition last night. Otherwise I have The Show 2015 and my kids have different games too.

My questions have to do with my OCD as a person, and games and old games, and stuff like that.

I know there have been some of these games going on for what seems like ever. Tomb Raider has been around for decades. But I see things like Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Farcry 4, and more and more. I noticed in Tomb Raider it seemed to have it's own story line, being that Laura Croft was a young, albeit hot as FAWK, explorer etc. So it really wasn't totally related to the game before. But what about these other games. Being it's in a number sequence, it's hard to leave the fact that I'm missing what happened before with the current games. So how can I play these previous chapters of these games? Is it even possible in a PS4 to play PS3 games? Is it done through the network? I have no CLUE, what I'm doing and am just barely scratching the surface.

Other things. I've been playing these games on basic or easy modes. I'm not a gamer, haven't been one anyway, so I wanted to make sure it was at least fun for myself to stay interested in it. However, do you guys play lower levels, or modes like easy, and then work your way up when you beat them? What are the differences, or does it vary greatly between games?

The Cost. I know we can spend hours and hours on these games. It took me probably a total of 48 hours to beat Tomb Raider, and I probably died about 50 times throughout. Damn I wish I could reincarnate like that in real life. I'd probably take more chances! LOL But think about the cost of some of these games. Tomb Raider was I think about $25 previously owned at Game Stop. So it was worth it. But when these games get to be upwards of $50, $60, $70. It's just hard to wrap my head around that. Are you guys buying these games, or are you renting them from places like GameFly.com, or what? Maybe I'm just a cheap ass I don't know. Just wondering what you guys are doing out there.

Any other tips you guys have? I know games can be downloaded off of the Sony PS Network or whatever, for PlayStation obviously. Is it worth it to do that? Can you save it to something other than the console, like a separate flash drive or hard drive? I'd like to know these things too. I like to have the disc, or buy a game, but wouldn't be a must if I had a decent way of having it. My understanding is that the more games you download on the console the slower it gets, much like a computer I guess.

Anyway, just some of the gaming things I've been thinking about. Thanks guys.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

I haven't check recently, but i think PSnow on the playstation network allows you to rent/download older playstation 3, maybe PS2 games.

Lots of games i like to play i try to play from the first on through. For the uncharted series i started with the Third. Stopped about 30 minutes of playing, and bought the other 2 used. I only did that to understand the charters and jokes and stuff.

For Level Difficulty I play normal sometimes hard pending on style of game. Me and my buddies trying to play COD on realistic and OMFG it's so hard you cant even rage quit.

Buying the games. Lots of my games are downloaded from PS Store. If i dont play it much i delete it but if i wanna play it again i can re-download it. If game stop gave a few bucks more for trade ins and stuff i would get more hard copies of the game. I think when the games are getting into the $70+ range it's because it comes with something. Extra maps, bonus stuff ect.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Well, that's interesting. I think it's smart on their part, since it would cost them a ton of money to make it doable, backwards compatible, especially since it literally takes money out of their hands by being able to play games that customers already have. But, on the other hand, I think it would make them much more popular since new games are always coming out, and to be able to play any game from any previous platform would satisfy a very wide range of people. Myself included. But, it is what it is I guess. Sounds like it would be cheaper and better to just go out and buy a PS3 and those games I'd want to play. LOL.

Thanks for the link.

I haven't check recently, but i think PSnow on the playstation network allows you to rent/download older playstation 3, maybe PS2 games.

Lots of games i like to play i try to play from the first on through. For the uncharted series i started with the Third. Stopped about 30 minutes of playing, and bought the other 2 used. I only did that to understand the charters and jokes and stuff.

For Level Difficulty I play normal sometimes hard pending on style of game. Me and my buddies trying to play COD on realistic and OMFG it's so hard you cant even rage quit.

Buying the games. Lots of my games are downloaded from PS Store. If i don't play it much i delete it but if i wanna play it again i can re-download it. If game stop gave a few bucks more for trade ins and stuff i would get more hard copies of the game. I think when the games are getting into the $70+ range it's because it comes with something. Extra maps, bonus stuff ect.

I was just reading on that, but the comments I'm seeing based off of the article that was just posted are saying that it's very laggy and slow. Of course I'm sure a lot of those are skewed, I mean all reviews are in a certain way. You have the hardcore guys who notice a minute pixel glitch that no one in their proper mind would ever see, EVER, unless youre bugged out from playing for 12 hours at a time. But then you have the people who are just happy to be able to play it, who say it works great. So I'm sure it's somewhere in between. I'll look into it.

I like the thought of being able to re download. And I agree that a lot of the games I've seen in the $70+ range are ones that come with shit. But even still, Uncharted 4, Doom, and a few others are going for Pre-Sale at $59. That's still a chunk of change. Does the Network give you any break on that? Because if I was spending $60 on a game, I'd want it in my hands, not just have it out in space somewhere. Does that make sense?

I'm going to have to play on the network a little bit. See what's up.

THanks!

If you are a PSN member the 50 bucks a month, You can download free games, Get some exclusive games, or first shot at betas.

Edited by ProMaxx316

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

i think they should disable difficulty levels is most games I mean c'mon....the new age gamer is just gonna wanna enable invincibility and breeze thru the "normal" mode. I've never used Easy on any game...if a person cannot learn how to master a game then why buy it. If you wanna play the old school tomb raider games then find a PS1 or nab a copy online somewhere. You don't wanna play the old school tomb raiders cause Lara's boobs are square and the controls suck ass.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Yeah they're nice and young and full in this one! I remember them being disproportionate in that one.

I hear you on the difficulty levels, but some of us don't want to have our asses handed to us when trying to play the game. I play for the enjoyment of finding things and shooting people, and if I couldn't get passed the first damn level because it was so difficult, then I'd never play it. My kids too. My kids enjoy it and easy mode for them, 9 and 11 years old, is just hard enough to keep them on the verge of frustrated and enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually like to start a series fresh as well i like having the choice of easy hard and retarded ... Division is a prime example of that... They have normal,Hard then Challenge mode once you reach level 30 that will piss ya off if you don't have a competent group of 3 other players with you... It is beatable but it forces you to work together and tactically attack the levels versus running in there and mowing enemies down

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌