Tips On How To Restore Faded Paint

How would i restore the paint on a 1982 Supra? its oxidized and jus faded what brands and tips do you guys have?

i would say to wet sand it and do a dawn good buff job on it, but theres prob no more clear coat left on it. i dont know. :unsure:

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

okay so what grit sandpaper should i use?

start wit like 1000 then 1500 then 2000 and just work ur way up to as high as u can find then give the bish the best buff job u have ever done... now if the clear coat is gone u might have to wet sand and then add a coat of clear...
Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

ill post when i get it done! wit before and after pics! so jus start at round 1000 and work my way up hi as i can go? then if the clear coat is gone repaint the clear coat afta the wet sanding? after i add clear coat, do i wet sand it after that?

Derp.

ill post when i get it done! wit before and after pics! so jus start at round 1000 and work my way up hi as i can go? then if the clear coat is gone repaint the clear coat afta the wet sanding? after i add clear coat, do i wet sand it after that?

If it has gone down to the basecot hit it with 1000g and then lay a clear coat over it. If it is just in the clear coat hit it with 1000g, 1500g and 2000g if you have it. Then buff and polish. Done

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

buffing...i agree with that, but wet sanding is for taking out dirt nubs and runs....when u wet sand it takes a bit of claer coat off... so i wouldnt wet sand...just get a buffer some 3m rubbing compound and go to town. then see how it looks. but if theres some spots that are rough in the paint wet sand them only with some 1500-2000 grit.

But rubbing compound is taking off clear, rubbing compound is like sand paper in a can. Though rubbing compound is alot more forgiving then sand paper. Dont have to worry about amount of water, or pressure, just start rubbing away.

i used megiuiars clay bar on my paint the was an little oxidized and you cant even tell now, just make sure you wax afterwards

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived