Need help on which tires to go with next.

Well guys I'm on my 2nd set of Nexen tires .......... 1st set I got to around the 3 yr mark/30,000 miles on them before they started cracking. I've had this second set of Nexen 305/35R24XL HP tires for around 2 yrs and a few months now ........ needless to say they are slightly starting to crack. I've been getting the notion that Nexen tire quality is going down. I've been looking at Lexani, Lionhart, Delinte and even got a suggestion of going with Ironman Imove (never heard of them) ......... so if i could get a lil advice here I'd appreciate it. I'd love to go Perelli or Faulken but their prices are steep for my pockets right about now.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

• 2 weeks later...

I have used these tires I am about to tell you about on 3 different cars, BMW 435, mazda 6, and ford SHO. All with great success and price is unbeatable for the quality of tire.

The parent company for Falken is a company called Ohtsu, they have a tire called the F8000

its a nice quite tire and very high tread rating at 300 something. Look on ebay, sets of four are in the 500 dollar range. thats shipped, I paid 400 shipped for my 20" tires for my mazda.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I like General and Michelin tires, it just depends on what you are wanting from a tire, and whether you want an all purpose all season or a performance tire.

My next set of tires will be michelins or Generals, just flip flopping on which ones i want to go with.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I co manage a tire/auto repair shop and we do sell a few ironman's here and there. Our owner runs them on his Yukon with 24's and we have a tech that runs him on his slammed old school benz, they arent a bad tire for the price. I wouldnt expect them to be great in snow or dirt lol...but still they are hard to beat for the price.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

• 5 weeks later...

you can try the saffiro brand, they are cheap and the quality is alright, I order a lot for my store, and mount them on my customers wheels, from 17 to 26"

see on saffiro website for a dealer near you..

try also winrun, or nang kang tires.. they are cheap tires with good specifications..

they are not high quality tires such as goodyear, dunlop, michelin, etc... but they will do their job..

Archived