Second Skin Audio

Using the trunk as the enclosure?

BMS

sorry if this is a stupid question But is it realistic to use the trunk as the box? i am aware that there are a lot of places and holes to seal i figure i can do this with fiber glass and mat and or other methods. so will the trunk seal descent? will i get a lot of noise form the trunk or other things rattling? could the possible rattling be fixed by sound deadener? should i just weld the trunk shut? i can see that i would have a lot of trouble changing the tail lights whatever though i will just swap the lights for long lasting leds.

Using the whole trunk as the enclosure is basically what an infinite baffle setup is. You have to 100% seal off the trunk from the main cabin for it work right though. Depending on the vehicle it can be a lot of work. There are probably easier ways to accomplish what you want.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If you are going to port it I think you would be making more problems for yourself than it would be worth. Not to say its not possible, just not worth it IMHO.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

A pair of 15s in the right box will easier and probably louder.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

A pair of 15s in the right box will easier and probably louder.

This, all of this. If you're hell bent on the 18's see if you can't build a box in your trunk that falls within the recommended specs for your subs. Less work and if you get rid of the vehicle you don't have to explain the 40 Lbs of fiberglass and foam in the trunk.

Archived