Product: Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW Mono 4000w amplifier

Manufactured by: Memphis Car Audio

Purchased/recieved from:I purchased two from Dream Makers in Myrtle Beach SC- BNIB, and 2 used from random people offline

Continuous power output at 14.4 volts:

-4 ohm 1000wrms x 1 @ .5% thd

-2 ohm 2000wrms x 1 @ .75% thd

-1 ohm 4000wrms x 1 @ 1% thd

Signal to noise ration: 95db

variable low pass: 50hz-250hz 18db/oct.

variable highpass subsonic: 20hz-50hz 18db/oct.

damping factor >50

Protection circuitry against overload, short circuit, thermal, and reverse polarity.

Bridgable at 2 ohms for 8000rms.

Dimensions: 31.49" x7.6" x 2.4"

It comes with all mounting hardware, including screws and rubber washers that make it pretty much yank from the box and throw in.

External dual anl fuse holder with 500amps of fusing provided

No bass knob included

The manual has several places where there are typos, but I guess that's not that important since it gets the message accross.

MSRP: ~1800, but you can find them used for 600-700 pretty often.

Reliablility: 7.5 - got to keep that voltage up

Performance: 10

Features: 9-

Looks: 10

Manufacturer Support: 10

Availability: 10

Price/performance: 9 (but if you buy one used that is in good condition definitely a 10)

Overall: 9

I purchased the first two amps from Dream Makers almost a year ago, and the 2nd two a few months later from private sellers online. I have noticed no difference between them. I had one go up on me (probably from low voltage) a few months ago, and it happened to be one I bought from the shop. While it took several weeks to actually send and receive the amp because of the time of year (around the holidays) Memphis was very quick to repair the amp under warranty at no charge. I have had them get pretty warm after long periods of solid bass, but never hot enough to where I was worried about it.

My biggest concern is that while most amps will be okay with 12v drops, this amp starts having the protect light flicker on around 12.5v, but that is with .7 ohm nom. I will be adding my alternators as soon as I get them in, so I'll ammend this review with updates about charging system upgrades and increased performance if any.

The elongated shape works out wonderfully for me, I can put them in places most other amps wont fit because of how thin they are. They brag 90% efficiency, but I believe that is at 4 ohms, and they are fairly power hungry at 1 ohm. I have talked to their tech and they said that they will run musically at 17.5-18v all day, but above that would really only be for competition. Their tech support has been awesome every time I've called with questions.

Very easy to set up, and a good amp overall.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

great review, lol and im glad i wasnt the only one that caught the typos in the owners man. lol...

i would love to see someone bench the 4000 and the 2500.....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

great review, lol and im glad i wasnt the only one that caught the typos in the owners man. lol...

i would love to see someone bench the 4000 and the 2500.....

Me too, once I get the power behind them I'll at least put a clamp meter on and get some rough #s. The only results I can find are so over the top I don't really trust them.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

• 4 weeks later...

they are great amps. also a nice review.

I know of a guy that has I think 40 of these amps between his comp van and car. They put out extreme voltage at half ohm with a 16 volt setup.

Only downfall on these amps are that they are current hogs from what I also heard, ive been looking at picking 2 up.

Archived