Bad wire choice i believe..... And options?

Whats the point of the plastic core?

To rip you off

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

What is the general community consensus on the use of welding cabe instead of cable sold for car audio? I can get 1/0 OFC 105deg rated welding cable of about 3.26 a foot but i can only get 1/0 sold for car audio for about 11.50 a foot(this is from a trusted shop that would not screw me I think). Is there something Im missing here like the only disadvantage is weding cable will not be as flexabule. thank you for your time

You will have to start your own thread but..... Welding wire is smaller in diameter. Also you can order from a vendor here on this site and even with shipping come out way cheaper than the price you quoted.

Still learning but have started gathering.

You can get welding cable ebay for decent prices, and there is no way in hell i would buy something with plastic in the middle of a run of wire as it will compress and squeeze out when you crimp it, and another thing is you will not be able to solder it either.

Sounds like a shitty deal all the way around from a company that should know better.

http://stores.ebay.com/acdcelectricparts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You can get welding cable ebay for decent prices, and there is no way in hell i would buy something with plastic in the middle of a run of wire as it will compress and squeeze out when you crimp it, and another thing is you will not be able to solder it either.

Sounds like a shitty deal all the way around from a company that should know better.

http://stores.ebay.com/acdcelectricparts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Why won't you be able to solder it? I'm planning on soldering it.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

And if the plastic melts and coats all of the wires around it what are you soldering to then?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

At OP doesn't matter what you're soldering to. That plastic is still probably going to melt and make a mess. If it does melt it could cause pockets of plastic in the solder, which might not hurt anything at all, or it might cause you to not have a weak electrical bond...idk

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter