Second Skin Audio

I have 2 skar vvx12v1 i need a recone on one because its blown but i would like to go ahead a recone both of them i have contacted skar to see about recone kits come to find out they dont have any in stock and dont k ow when they r going to be available i was told to get intouch with sundown that they might be able to help me does anyone elso know of a recone kit that i can use for this i have also contacted psi and still waiting on a quote been 7 days now thanks in advance

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Try him:

https://www.facebook.com/splaudio.dean

I used him for my Zv3 18s. Hes one of the authorized sundown part buyers/reconers... if that tells ya anything about his work.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Hes one of the authorized sundown part buyers/reconers... if that tells ya anything about his work.

So am I lol

But I will only build woofers that are physically in front of me, wont deal with drop-ins and people not installing them correctly or straight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/5vY5oipajj/

Glue joints on point, better than most woofer companies!

https://www.instagram.com/p/5vdyTCpar1/

11376658_1616107551970412_1255604596_n.j

Most likely no drop-in recone from sundown will fit.

Every model speaker has a different size gap, and gap depth, different thickness top plate, and so on.

Im sure they would have parts to fit it, but it would need to be assembled for that specific woofer, otherwise you have other issues arising such as a possibility of bottoming out the coil, having the coil jump the gap etc if you try and use a prebuilt recone kit that is not for that specific woofer.

I cant believe skar has not hired someone who knows how to build or learned how to build recones yet.

I know Sundown would build them at the beginning for Skar since they didnt know how, but then Skar tried copying every woofer Sundown made and it really pissed Sundown off so they stopped assembling the recones for Skar..

Imo its a cop out to leave all them customers that paid good money for said product hanging when their customers need recones.

You can try emailing Sundown direct and cross your fingers to see if they will build you one but who really knows.

Thanks for the info brother yea seems like skars customer service needs some work to say the least i k o kevin from skar audio has postrd in these forums saying they built recones for every subwoofer skar made butbthats a lie i like the way my subs sound or i wouldnt worry about a recone i wud just buy a new set however i did find someone local that can do a custom recone so im going to see if i can just take skars name off these subs and make them more of a beastly i will NEVER be buying skar anything anymore

Archived