Second Skin Audio

Working on my buddies 08 f-450 work truck and applying some Damplifier. Trying to get enough coverage but not going overboard.

I did a before and after tapping video and let me tell you that I am sold. I've personally never used any sound deadening so I have nothing to compare it to for other brands. But I don't think I'll ever care about other brands because this stuff was easy to use.

Before video

After video

Hopefully the videos worked. Put them up from my phone.

Thanks second skin.

I've used other brands in the past...then tried second skin...sold for life!

Second Skin for the Win!!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

I cant stand knock tests....all they do is show you how anything that is on the shelf at lowes could do if applied to thin metal

its more about how it sticks and how hard it is to remove so it does not fall off on its own

I tried dynamat pro back in the late 90's and I still have 80% of the roll because It never stuck to anything, most over priced garbage I have ever bought

I just did my front doors with a famous youtube version of sound deadening and the difference is amazing and Im sure your roofs is amazing also

While I understand what your saying it's all I could think of doing. I'm sure a knock test means something. But I'm no expert.

What I can tell you is that I misapplied one piece. I tried removing it without great luck. Thought I would damage it. I left it, and just made cuts around my misapplication. Even the parts I cut out were stuck nicely. I should say that I cleaned every surface with denatured alcohol prior to applying.

If you want to know how well second skin works you need to take a ride in my 98 pick up with everything sealed up. It's tomb like quiet and that's quite a feat for that thing. Second skin is an amazing product

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks for the awesome shout out and video guys, we love hearing back from our great customers....Second Skin For the Win!!! Keep up the great build.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Some of the best deadener Ive use and I used a lot.

One of the things Ive noticed with the others Ive used is its all the same from the same factory with different logos on it and drastic differences in price.

But none of those other brands have that rigid aluminum can like foil, thats where you gain a lot of performance with the Second Skin compared to the others.

Really could use some bulk packs or some 40 pounders for my truck one of these years. :D

I remember like 4 years ago my dad bought me a 20sqft bulk pack for my birthday. Only ended up doing the doors of the car at the time. Still have like 10sqft+ that I am going to use this weekend on my current vehicle. Night and day difference.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm