Second Skin Audio

Question for the smart guys

I did a system that had 3 15" subs in a monte, I did a 4th order with the port blowing up through the rear deck, sounded great for 3 w6 15" subs, of course this was 2003 or 4 i think. when the subs were still black and made in the USA

If you're going for SPL, this seems like the best bet. A bandpass box and a ported box have the same efficiency, if the box size and the bandwidth is identical. Where bandpass has the edge here is that you can put 100% of the subwoofers output into the cabin. Basically the ported box is going to waste a lot of energy rattling your deck lid, pressurizing the trunk, etc. The bandpass will only pressurize the cabin.

This is the same reason that tiny cars post big SPL numbers; if there's less air to move, that raises The Schroeder Frequency and that raises your SPL.

BUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAh wow just wow do you really believe the nonsense that you are saying?

Yes, A bandpass box and a ported box have the same efficiency, if the box size and the bandwidth is identical.

hey, if you guys say madvibes did it then fine, just sounded fishy to me thats all.

I was with you until I realized who said he did it......

definitely has the skills and knowledge to pull it off...

I forgot the whole set up but there was blue car trunk build he did that he brought to autorama a few times that was very clean and hit a great number

for equipment this site would deem sub par

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

the dakota system above is the system that eventually went into the monte minus the box, that was one of my favorite demo vehicles I had, it was insane with the door's open at shows. Got kicked out of the good guys show in pleasinton back in 02 for battling a guy with 4 15" subs in an extra cab chevy. The dakota won, right before some old fuck came screaming in my face.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived