Second Skin Audio

Need Help with box designs

BSuns

I have a 2001 Dodge 1500 ext. cab. i currently have 2 subs (which i do not know the brand they were high power and free) in a home made box that a buddy of mine designed a while back. I also have 2 Sony Xplod 10's just laying around that i had in there at one time. Now i am wanting to upgrade my box to have all 4 Subs in there and have some kind of switch to turn some of them off. Just looking for some full layout box designs. I would like to have them ported, but i'm not all that familiar with porting and designs so, any help would be amazing. Thanks

No i havent had any subs blow yet. and now that ive thought about it i would rather just do 2 anyways due to keeping it a daily driver.. so any blueprints someone can draw me up for 2 10s ported would be great. I dont want anything massive, keep it as low profile as possible, but something that looks good and gives a great sound.

Mixing subs is perfectly fine.

Loudspeakers just move air, there's nothing magical about it.

Put each sub in it's own dedicated enclosure.

The main problem with mixing subs is that some of the drivers will hit their limits before the others.

Also, do NOT put subs in the car that are turned off while others are turned on. When you do that, the unpowered subs will act as passive radiators, and will reduce the output of the *powered* subs.

^^^ have this guy design you a box lol

he would fall into the category of someone that can not design worth a damn or the RUN away group

sorry to be so harsh but the statement of mixing subs is perfectly fine is wrong on so many levels

can you sure should you NEVER!!!! not if you like something loud or to sound good or both

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Mixing subs is perfectly fine.

Loudspeakers just move air, there's nothing magical about it.

Put each sub in it's own dedicated enclosure.

The main problem with mixing subs is that some of the drivers will hit their limits before the others.

Also, do NOT put subs in the car that are turned off while others are turned on. When you do that, the unpowered subs will act as passive radiators, and will reduce the output of the *powered* subs.

Stop it!

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

^^^ have this guy design you a box lol

he would fall into the category of someone that can not design worth a damn or the RUN away group

sorry to be so harsh but the statement of mixing subs is perfectly fine is wrong on so many levels

can you sure should you NEVER!!!! not if you like something loud or to sound good or both

If you have two drivers with comparable xmax, comparable power handling, and similar efficiency, they're going to hit their limits simultaneously.

It doesn't matter what name is on the cone.

Archived