I'm just curious if this is even working

Hey guys, I'm new to this, but iv been reading a lot through this forum and whatnot for awhile and I'd like to ask some questions myself and get some experienced opinions on things. Any how my question right now is, what would be louder for a single sub setup, a 15 vented or 18 sealed? I have a 00 explorer daily driver with a single 12" cvx setup as a 4 ohm load on a zx1500 in some prefab vented box, it sounds alright but I want something loud that'll flex some panels and sh@t. I had 2 of the cvx's before but I blew one. And that prefab box I mentioned is for 2 12s, I just took the blown one out. So my sh@t looks janky. Anyway, sure the 2 12s were pretty damn loud but I just want something a little more out of the ordinary. By the way, I'd definitely prefer to keep the amp, I scored a good ass deal on it w/ the subs and don't wanna spend the necessary money it would take to upgrade from it, and I think 1500 watts is probably quite enough to satisfy me. Thanks for the input!

• 1 month later...

Heya dude :)

In my opinion,after testing different size / power / sensitivity of subs, I would say that a ported box for a 15" would be louder than a sealed 18".

I've got an FI Q15, 4cuft tuned @30hz with about 1k5-1k8rms on it, it's flexing and "more than ordinary" as you said, goes down to 23hz and up to 40hz ;)

maybe someone has another point of view than me, I'll let him say what he thinks :)

Cone area is king but a ported enclosure can put out twice what a sealed box can around the tuning frequency. Why not do the 18 ported?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived