Any of my fellow canucks on the board here know of any in country retailers that deal with more than just the "big brand names" in car audio?

Probably spend at least a thousand dollars give or take over the past couple of years of gearing up and upgrading that would not have happened if i could have bought the stuff up here.

Getting really sick and fucking tired of getting bent over for shipping & brokerage fee's here's an example,

sonix_zpsletuctyt.jpg

Gotta love how a $349 (usd) EQ turns into a $590 (cad) purchase.

I'd also love to buy a few things from Steve at wccaraudio but as an example paying $60 shipping for a $20 speaker terminal sucks!

I know the current exchange rate does nothing to help it's the crazy shipping & brokerage bullshit i'm trying to avoid.

If anyone (US or Canadian) knows of where to buy "internet brands" (for lack of a better term) in the frosty white north please share it here in this thread.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Here we go....

I've been dealing with the same shit for years. I've had to have spent 5k alone on shipping/exchange on the stuff I have gotten. Pretty much is what is is unfortunately. There are some sellers that will ship usps if asked for a bit cheaper. The problem with buying in country, you end up paying the same amount or more because the price is in CAD and they like to overcompensate. For instance I looked at an XS power d3400 on a Canadian site, they wanted 659.99. It's a total joke. Would be cheaper to get it from the US and pay the fees.

You also got to realize that some sites include duties and taxes in the final price so you won't owe anything at the door. The problem with this is that they often charge a flat rate regardless of the items being sold. I have paid at the door and it has still came out cheaper than paying the "duties" or attempted calculations of them on some sites. I appreciate that they are trying to help but It just don't work out that great.

Not to thread jack, but the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of these types of products in our country. People always say "you should get that stuff here, would be cheaper" I just laugh. good luck to you. I'm sure all of us deal with the same thing. Guys, not to bash but those of you that live in the USA don't understand how good you have it when it comes to free shipping.

Canadians uniteeee!!!!!

Where abouts are you?

And yes, US guys have no idea how lucky they are.

Quick shipping, cheaper prices and no boreder for packages to get stuck at.

Canada has nothing for audio, let alone a half decent aftermarket for anything car related.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Canadians uniteeee!!!!!

Where abouts are you?

And yes, US guys have no idea how lucky they are.

Quick shipping, cheaper prices and no boreder for packages to get stuck at.

Canada has nothing for audio, let alone a half decent aftermarket for anything car related.

Totally!

Just north of Toronto, you?

windsor! so i get to ship everything to detroit and pick it up lol

You have to pay tax when coming back across no? i suppose thats only if you claim it.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

As an American citizen bringing things from Canada to the us, items total value below a certain amount are exempt. I don't know how that works the other way though.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Correct. The longer your across ( days) the more you can bring back.

However, it also depends on their mood. I've been across, and declared over 1500, and they let me go, where as other times I've claimed 250 and they pulled me in and taxed me.

Also, don't get caught lying its not worth it haha, they make you pay tax on the pricing they find, ( unless you can provide a legit receipt) and then seize the goods till you pay a small fine.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived