Sundown Audio

Hey everyone,

I will be picking up an E12d2 V3 in the next week or so. They look pretty mean. This will be my first Sundown product and my first self-install. I previously ran 2 15" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2s in my suburban. I'll be installing the E12 in my 2012 TC. I'll have it wired at 1 ohm and feeding it 600w rms. Think Sundown's page recommends a 1.75 cu ft ported box. So far I've only been seeing setups with multiple subs, so I don't really have much to go off of in terms of what to expect. Since I'm limited on space in my TC, I wont be running multiple subs or a giant box. Does anyone have or has anyone seen a single E12 perform in similar setups?

This is sort of a budget install, so I'm not interested on upgrading to the SA series even though it's "only $100 more." If I still had my suburban, I'd consider it (or even the X series) due to having a lot more space to work with. But I don't.

Any recommendations on box size, placement of enclosure, photos of your setup, or just reviews on the E12's performance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have an E12v2 that I have been very happy with. My build is more SQ focused but I'm using mine in a 1.5 cu ft box tuned to 28 Hz on about 600 watts of power. Works great.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Since you are running in the 600w range, I would actually suggest picking up a E12D4 v3 instead for a final impedance of 2 OHM's and pick up an amplifier like the Alpine MRV-M500. It's easier on your electrical due to better efficiency and they are pretty cheap. Amp dyno's have shown the MRV-M500 is under rated.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I'm pretty set on using my current amp. I can either run 400w rms at 2 ohms or 600w rms at 1 ohm. Should I look into getting a 4ohm E8 instead? That way I could run it at 2 ohms without under powering it. And I could save on space with a smaller box and spend less on the sub. Not sure how they perform though. Any feedback on the E8s?

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up going with the E8 and wired it at 2 ohms. That little guy hits! Sounds great for a single 8 only getting 400w rms. Nobody believes all I have is an 8 back there. Having a custom box made for it sure made a difference. For my first Sundown Audio product and first self install, I am extremely satisfied.

• 2 years later...