Mechman Alternators

Will the stock pulley have the correct alignment?

changing the pulley to stock size might render the alt useless at idle and you will have to rev the engine higher to get the rated amperage

you need to look at the belt wrap around the alternator.. you might have to add a pulley to give it better belt wrap

You just bought one with a stock size pulley so you should know what it will do at idle.....

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

mine is a hairpin who knows if his is. if the pulley on the alternator is the same size as the stock then there wont be an issue but if its smaller there will. by his post (Also will the alternator even turn on if its idling slower with the stock pulley?)i will assume its a smaller diameter which will effect the idle to a point it wont even turn on at idl . also op.. if the pulley is the same size and its not slipping you have other issues.. changing the pulley wont change anything if its identical.. you might want to check if the bearing on the alternator are seized

so again broke.. just because i bought one that has a stock diameter alternator pulley and know what it does dont mean his will do the same.. same brand different models different performance.. not all alternators are created equal even from same manufacturer

Edited by Miguels