bottom line for me is... people who serve our country in the military and put there LIFE on the line for our freedom, should be either paid better, or taking car of better in some shape or form. other government positions like senator, or governor, have way more benefits,and pay, than the real soldiers who do all the dirty work.you can say they chose that life all you want too,but who's really reaping the benefits?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bottom line for me is... people who serve our country in the military and put there LIFE on the line for our freedom, should be either paid better, or taking car of better in some shape or form. other government positions like senator, or governor, have way more benefits,and pay, than the real soldiers who do all the dirty work.you can say they chose that life all you want too,but who's really reaping the benefits?

Do you think that should apply internally in the branches too? Does the infantry or combat arms equivalent and some office administration clerk deserve the same paycheck?

Do you think that should apply internally in the branches too? Does the infantry or combat arms equivalent and some office administration clerk deserve the same paycheck?

is the office clerk in danger of losing his life,as much as the guys out in the field ? i feel he or she should be paid accordingly to the job they perform. it doesn't really matter what i think though, my dad , brother,uncles, and numerous friends have served the country. i lost my dad and my uncle to post war stuff that they were going through, and there really isn't a price you can put on that. I'm really thankful though to all those who have served, and are serving.

It all comes down to supply and demand as with anything. During peace time when there are cut backs, they are not trying to attract recruits. During a time of war, they come up with all kinds of deals to get people in. If they needed people and couldn't find them, then wages and incentives would be quite high.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

There are some nice benefits though, I will say that. 30 days paid vacation per year, can pretty much handle personal business without taking leave anytime, medical and dental (though it's questionable in some places), some career fields get awesome bonuses (mine's not one of them :cray: ). There are some good things, and the retirement is tough to beat.

Base pay isn't good. Pay isn't good period. I work side-by-side with, and outperform, civilians and contractors making literally triple what I do.

At the same time, a decent amount of people who get out say they wish they stayed in, and people that did retire are glad they did.

Guess I didn't answer the topic lol. Yes, I'm 100% for tax-free anything.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

The military will also change the deal after you sign up. You think you have certain benefits and then congress decides to reduce benefits and you get screwed. The deal you sign up for is the deal you should get. If a GI reneged on the deal they would get put on the rock hockey team in Leavenworth.

Typically you're grandfathered in. What benefits specifically are you talking about?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Not trying to thread jack, but I had an idea that's also related to enlistment/service and figured this would be an ok place to dump it for discussion.

With all the current political debate about our borders and immigration, what if our country enacted a policy for immigrants where you enlist and serve for a set amount of time, like 4 years, and at the end of it you're a full fledged citizen? This would offer immigrants some form of career training, depending on MOS, and a better opportunity to speak and read English. Plus it would show that an individual wants to naturalize/assimilate into our culture.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure they already have a program for this. I do not know if it is still going on or if it has changed, but when i was in 1997-2001 immigrants could serve 7 years and become full citizens. We had a SGT in my Infantry platoon that was from India and he was serving his time to get full citizenship and had a complete ceremony when his time was up. I was shocked to know that at the time (served with him for 2 years before i knew), but with today's immigration issues this seems to be a great chance to earn your citizenship and get great training (of course they would have to be screened extremely well).

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

I agree that screening would be an integral part for the programs success. Not trying to train Isis or cartel members how to be infantry for example. Also, I don't think it should be a mandatory thing; plenty of immigrants to the USA are willing to go through the process, I'm just suggesting an alternate option, one that may actually already be in place it seems.

I agree that screening would be an integral part for the programs success. Not trying to train Isis or cartel members how to be infantry for example. Also, I don't think it should be a mandatory thing; plenty of immigrants to the USA are willing to go through the process, I'm just suggesting an alternate option, one that may actually already be in place it seems.

We already are training the enemey, we are arming them too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived