03 corolla trunk build / Testing some sundowns, scores posted.

meh, initial test on music. I'm sweating buckets trying to do this so i'm going to test again later. This was on music, sealed on the dash.

sTE21lL.png

edit: this isnt the best score i have got on a single 10, but its the least peaky.

So today i put this box in my extended ca s10 just to tes if my trunk was eating db's. got a 136 flat so i think this box is a flop. even though its the almost the best score i have got on a single 10 so far. So gains have been made. I came up with another design with 28sq inch of port instead of 22. a better ratio as well and the port length is nearly the same. Now i'm gonna build this box, sub up port to the side, which seems to work well in this car. I dont know when i can start building as im running low on mdf. 

im not dead set on sub placement but, this seems about right to me.

tTHrTxQ.png

Ewt3wh9.png

14 hours ago, strangeduck said:

edit: this isnt the best score i have got on a single 10, but its the least peaky.

So today i put this box in my extended ca s10 just to tes if my trunk was eating db's. got a 136 flat so i think this box is a flop. even though its the almost the best score i have got on a single 10 so far. So gains have been made. I came up with another design with 28sq inch of port instead of 22. a better ratio as well and the port length is nearly the same. Now i'm gonna build this box, sub up port to the side, which seems to work well in this car. I dont know when i can start building as im running low on mdf. 

im not dead set on sub placement but, this seems about right to me.

tTHrTxQ.png

Ewt3wh9.png

If you want to save some space/material, you probably don't need a double baffle with the dimensions you are working with.  Since the driver cutout is close to the port panel on one side and the side panel on the other there really isn't much room for anything to flex.  If you wanted to keep the double baffle but still save some space you could make it so its only double thickness right around where the sub mounts, here is an example of what I'm talking about.  
image.png.cf0785cd85c1a326af0a613072f34174.png

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 6 months later...

since the surrounds on both the mayhems are toast im stuck with a pair of sundown sa-12's for now. so if i feel motivated, and weather permitting. im going to build this this weekend.. yes, two 4" ports are not much for 2 12's but the port area isnt that bad. going to run them off a 2500 at 1ohm. only doing this so i have some bass in the ride because its driving me mad not having it. 

dual 4 inch.png

• 4 months later...

Archived