03 corolla trunk build / Testing some sundowns, scores posted.

These are the screws im mounting the subs with. I was super nervous putting these in even though i drilled pilot holes. We all know how MDF is when running screws in. But nothing split or tore out so thats a plus

7NHeFd9.jpg

Comparison to a normal wood screw

jiexo7h.jpg

ordered some KNU kandy 8ga wire, i ordered on mobile an accidentally put some 4ga in the cart so i have to find a use for it too i guess. lol

63dux6p.jpg

did some testing today. Not the results i wanted but it did improve. Firing back on a pair of 1500's it did a 141.4 at 35hz, rolls off either way So for whatever reason this car want to peak in the 30's lol

I turned the box around and sealed off pretty good and fired forward. lossed about .3db doing that.

Im waiting on a design from someone and i am going to do an aero port build as well. Not sure if i will run inverted with those, but thats the easiest way to mount these because they are so damn heavy.

Anyway, when firing back the opening around the box is pretty small, so that might be part of the issue.

i4oKxY7.jpg

jPUd6aM.jpg

I love those subs , 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I'm doing a trunk build myself in a 03 Civic sedan. Here's what I've found and it might be helpful to you. 

I'm running a single 15 on a 2k amp. Slot ported box. Current best is 145.8, so I'm not loud by any stretch of the imagination, but here's what's worked for me so far. 

Sub and port forward, sealing off the trunk, was the worst. Lost 3 full DB. Not .3, but THREE DB. 

Sub and port back was second worst, but I don't recall the exact loss.

Sub/port forward with the box slid all the way back (furthest to the rear), was .3 lower than loudest. 

Sub up port rear, box slid half way back, was second loudest. .1 less than loudest. This is what I initially started with. 

Sub up port forward with the box all the way back was loudest. 

• 1 year later...

lets see if i still know how to embed pictures.

gonna dig this thread up out of the boneyard. a while back i played around with some fosgate p2 8" subs. here are some pics. I'm doing something else currently, i'll update when i have something to post

the spl score is on 1500 watts, subs are rated at 250 watts rms each lol.  I think these need a bigger box. manufacturer recommends .6 cuft ported per sub. I also tried these on 2500 watts but it didnt make any difference.

YYxLBei.jpg

P7fArxE.jpg

7RlThQn.jpg

U5IYwIw.jpg

DGN6ow8.jpg

SErO81T.jpg

Archived