Mechman Alternators

Ranger 3.0L questions (model # 8520250)

Couple of pre-install questions i have about my new alternator.

In this picture you can see the factory alternator beside the new one. I have circled a connection on the factory one that doesn't seem to be on the new one. It is a purple wire pigtail that comes out of the main connector on the truck & i'm not sure of it's function, what do i do with the factory wire?

IMG_0479question_zpszhkklwmt.jpg

Here you can see the connection i'm talking about on the s series that matches the factory but is not on the elite.

oldandnewalt02_zps926f6cc6.jpg

Here is the s series installed, you can see the wire i am speaking of coming out of the main harness and back to the single connection on the alternator. it is looped up into the small bit of looming a inch or so then comes back out.

big301_zps107456de.jpg

My other question is about the pulley. This is a picture taken (albeit at a poor angle for this question) when i installed the s series i currently have in my truck, i am wondering about the difference in pulley diameter as the factory and elite have the same size pulley am i going to have to swap the one that is on the s series to the elite for a proper ratio (3:1) for idle output?

Oldandnewalt01_zpsd15e1e50.jpg

I think thats all the questions i have, everything else is pretty straight forward. If any other pictures are needed i can take them and post them up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Markous

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

The unit in the top photo is actually an Elite series unit. The single wire plug you are referring to is the stator connection which is done internally on the Elite series units. Just zip tie the single wire harness out of the way.

Because the Elite series unit make so much low RPM power, they ship with a stock diameter pulley for better belt grip.

The G series unit in the second photo does not make as much output at low RPM, and subsequently requires a smaller diameter pulley for better output at idle.

Thank you for the answers i needed Nathan, much appreciated!

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers