Brokes 08 dodge caliber srt4 build log.

6 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

why 20%?

honestly because sometimes for me 5% is too dark at night, and 20% is basically factory percentage. 

maybe ill just do 20 on 5 like my neon. 

Everyone always tells me my windows are hard to see out of when i do 5% and im always like i wish they were darker, lol.

Ive never had a problem seeing at night and i always go 5%.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 minute ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Everyone always tells me my windows are hard to see out of when i do 5% and im always like i wish they were darker, lol.

Ive never had a problem seeing at night and i always go 5%.

my eyes are pretty bad lol, It all depends on the quality of tint too. The blackbox stuff i got off ebay for my neon isnt that dark, but the 3m tint I used on the PT is much darker (comparing the 20% up front).

I do love the mind ya business treatment with 5% all around tho lol.  

Im trying a new place so im hoping their 5% is as dark as it should be, seeing the sample vs seeing it on the car isnt always the same.

Tint has a lifetime warranty but they will only do 5 years on the labor which i guess isnt a deal breaker.

I've never had a car detailed before either, ive always done all my cars myself, just dont have the time for it lately and it needs a wax bad.

Im hoping i dont get my car back covered in swirl marks.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 minute ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Im trying a new place so im hoping their 5% is as dark as it should be, seeing the sample vs seeing it on the car isnt always the same.

Tint has a lifetime warranty but they will only do 5 years on the labor which i guess isnt a deal breaker.

I've never had a car detailed before either, ive always done all my cars myself, just dont have the time for it lately and it needs a wax bad.

Im hoping i dont get my car back covered in swirl marks.

Nice man, hopefully it will come out the way you hope.

I never have either, I spent 20+ hours claying and buffing the srt4 last weekend. Swirl marks are gone but yeah I hear ya on the time consuming part lol 

I gotta find time to get a system wired up too becuase i want to try and hit a few shows thise year.

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I gotta find time to get a system wired up too becuase i want to try and hit a few shows thise year.

Any ideas in mind? Going big or just something small? 

It'll be two 12's on 1k with a nice frontstage.

I like checking out the big builds but they really aren't my style, i just like something that sounds good as hell and gets a little loud.

I'll be using my phoenix gold elite.5 to power it all, 2 12" ssa dcons, and most likely going with the new infinty kappa perfects for the front stage.

2 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

It'll be two 12's on 1k with a nice frontstage.

I like checking out the big builds but they really aren't my style, i just like something that sounds good as hell and gets a little loud.

I'll be using my phoenix gold elite.5 to power it all, 2 12" ssa dcons, and most likely going with the new infinty kappa perfects for the front stage.

Sounds like it should be a nice system. I'm still surprised at my setup for being on the same power for like 5 years. 

Dropped the car off first thing this morning, should hopefully have it back by the end of the day.

Archived