Brokes 08 dodge caliber srt4 build log.

It's just not any fun when shit keeps going wrong right from the get go, plus I got some other shit going wrong in my personal life and when it all piles up it just takes me right out of it.

I feel like when you're not in it 100% it's time to just back up for a while.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So plan of action is to take a step back for a bit so I can regroup, gonna sell some shit, buy some different shit, and get some sort of build moving before fall.

Not sure what's gonna happen yet exactly but I know some of my stuff I have accumulated needs to go to make this work.

I have enough shit sitting around to do installs in at least two cars lol,

Damn I'm bipolar lol.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Kenwood exceleon inbound, went with a single din for now to save money.

Got the kdc-x998

So plan of action is to take a step back for a bit so I can regroup, gonna sell some shit, buy some different shit, and get some sort of build moving before fall.

Not sure what's gonna happen yet exactly but I know some of my stuff I have accumulated needs to go to make this work.

I have enough shit sitting around to do installs in at least two cars lol,

Damn I'm bipolar lol.

I know how you feel about shit breaking and getting over it was doing the big 3 today on my new car for my new build and this happened Fucking aluminum bolts

DFA02CC7-07E3-4AAA-B428-7091253F3890_zps

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

• 4 weeks later...

So the caliber has some front end problems and I've had a few mechanics refuse to take my warranty which I was told was accepted everywhere when I purchased it,

I've had it at the Dodge dealer I bought it from once already for repair when I first got it and got some of the worst service I've ever had in my life so I'd rather not deal with them again,

So I think what I'm going to do instead of trying to fight with this warranty company (who is only going to pay for the bare minimum anyways and I'll have to pay a $200 deductible for it) I'm going to just go ahead and rebuild the entire front end myself, I'm going replace everything and be done with it.

Won't really cost that much if I do it all myself, the warranty doesn't even cover stuff like struts and springs and I'm pretty sure a bad strut is part of the problem so I'd be out that money on top of the $200 anyways.

So might as well do it all myself and spend less money.

I did the same shit on my TB. My warranty was running out and I knew they was gonna give me the worse wheel bearings ever so I just bought some timkins and called it a day

These warranty companies are such fucking scams, you have a problem and they get to decide whether or not they will pay for it even if it's covered under the warranty and even if they pay for it they will only pay for the cheapest replacement part available, it's pure bullshit.

I feel like someone owes me the $2k I paid for the warranty back.

Got my sundown sa-2.75fr's installed today.

Had to do some minor trimming because my dash had three alignment nubs instead of two but nothing a few seconds with a razor blade couldn't take care of.

Uzkquoh.jpg

And best of all no one would ever know anything was changed with the cover back in place.

So far I'm in love with these speakers,

They are so smooth and they don't break up at high volume.

Even on the stock factory amp they sound great and the louder I turn it up the better they sound,

Can't wait till I can get some real quality power on these.

Next I need to get some mids.

I will never go back to having a tweeter in my car, these things sound better than any tweeter I've ever owned although that's not saying much I guess since I've never had real high end tweeters but these things are awesome.

Archived