Second Skin Audio

P3 and Small Amount of MDF

RyanRosier

I got a fosgate p3 and a left over section of mdf measured 49 inches tall by 28 wide. or vice versa. Can I get a small box out of this tuned to 32? Slot port. Looking for a cut sheet lol, my math sucks and I prefer to make it simple and just work with a full sheet. But this is what I have laying around

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Well first we need to know the size of the sub. And unless it's an 8 inch, I highly doubt you can make a box for it with 4x2ft of wood.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well first we need to know the size of the sub. And unless it's an 8 inch, I highly doubt you can make a box for it with 4x2ft of wood.

whoops. its 12

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

best i can come up with is a box that is 14H X 17W X 14H.

that is 1.4 cuft, you can just fit all the pieces on your sheet but you will have to run an external port.

its a small box so you could run 1 4" at 18" or 2 3" at about 21"

edit:

by 4" i mean just a 4" round or 2 3" round.

best i can come up with is a box that is 14H X 17W X 14H.

that is 1.4 cuft, you can just fit all the pieces on your sheet but you will have to run an external port.

its a small box so you could run 1 4" at 18" or 2 3" at about 21"

edit:

by 4" i mean just a 4" round or 2 3" round.

And thank you, by all means this is just for something to do and piddle with.

just keep in mind that your saw blade is gonna take a 1/8" cut off each dimension. But you'll figure it out i guess.

divide the bard in half long ways

then cut your 14" boards and the you can cut the remainders in half for the rest.

you want a diagram or something?

just keep in mind that your saw blade is gonna take a 1/8" cut off each dimension. But you'll figure it out i guess.

divide the bard in half long ways

then cut your 14" boards and the you can cut the remainders in half for the rest.

you want a diagram or something?

Yeah that would be nice

The following can act as an ideal sealed or a rather inefficient ported (but still within RF recommendation):

p3sealed.jpg

Here's how your board cuts would look, as you can see almost all of it is used:

cutp3.jpg

If trying ported it would be a 4" fully external round port, 20" long for 35Hz 24,5" long for 32Hz. (nice looking box though!).

The following can act as an ideal sealed or a rather inefficient ported (but still within RF recommendation):

p3sealed.jpg

cutp3.jpg

If trying ported it would be a 4" fully external round port, 20" long for 35Hz 24,5" long for 32Hz. (nice looking box though!).

Thank you Joe! I just wanted to tinker with it, when I get it done I'll post some pics and upload some videos!

p3sealed.jpg

cutp3.jpg

Now I only have to have 24.5 inches worth of port at 4 inches correct? I can do 2 pipes at 12.25 or 3 at 8 1/5 correct? Just as long as I reach that number?

Also, how much displacement does the port have? Because I got to looking at this and thought I would really like to hide the port now and see just how good I can make with thing look, (go all out, wet sanded, painted, clear coat. Make it sexy lol.

Archived