Second Skin Audio

P3 and Small Amount of MDF

RyanRosier

That's not how ports work, as you add port area they all need to get longer, not shorter. So if you have one 4" port 24.5" long and you added a second they would both need to be almost twice as long.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That's not how ports work, as you add port area they all need to get longer, not shorter. So if you have one 4" port 24.5" long and you added a second they would both need to be almost twice as long.

Ohhh I seeee.

If I ran this sub inverted would I change anything for my port? Or would I still need the 24.5 for 32 hz tunin

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Yes if you reverse mount the sub that 4" port would get to be a little shorter fully external or the same size but partially external, that is, you could place inside the port for an amount of length that equals the driver displacement of the sub or about 12" outside of the 24.5".

Archived