Second Skin Audio

dual hdc4 12 build help

I have a 16 ram 2500 mega cab diesel that I want to shake up. im a newb and am open to advice. this is my plan guys. 2 hdc4 12s on a4500 at 1ohm, 370amp alternator is already on its way to me, 2 d31 batts. enclosure 4.5 cubes after port and displacement, roughly 72 square inches of port to 40hz. I don't compete im just a bass head if you will. subs will be behind the back seat with the port out the top. I just like loud obnoxious bass. please give me some feedback of what you guys think about this build and if anyone has done a mega cab build before please let me know how it went and what you chose to go with. sorry if im missing anything

Welcome to SMD! Just off the top of my head that sounds like a great plan. I would do the big 3 with 1/0 or bigger and 1 or 2 runs of 1/0 to the rear batteries. Make sure to fuse the batteries at the front and the back. In the event of an accident, the batteries would need to disconnect if the cables got pinched. I have a pair of HDS315s in 4 cubes each tuned to 34hz and they smash the lows. Most people tune lower than 40hz it just depends on what you want.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived