XS Power

hello all, I was wondering if someone can point me in right direction. I have a kicker dx 1000.1 going to 2 american bass xd 12s, Everything sounds good n all n it was all done right as of Box , 4gage fuse at battery etc. Everybody is telling me I NEED a battery or ill cause a fire. So do i really need a battery if im just runnin 1k watts? Will it be l;ouder if i get one?

They may be referring to how long your power wire is and the amp draw of the Kicker. You can start a fire if your power wire isn't big enough to support the current being pulled through it so it'll heat up. Get's hot enough, it can melt the outer jacket and arc against the body of the car. That being said, if your using quality 4 gauge, it's not 100 feet long, and it's fused, it's pretty unlikely to happen.

as for the battery, it depends on your car's stock alternator, how old/big the battery under the hood is, and how many amps that Kicker is drawing from your stock electrical system.

The first thing I'd do, is get a voltmeter or at least a DMM to monitor your voltage at the amp so you can determine if your car's stock electrical system can keep up with the amp's draw. If it tanks the voltage every time the bass hits, you may want to consider throwing in a small AGM for support, or just replace the starter battery with a bigger AGM if you have the room.

on 1000 watts, I doubt you'll be able to hear the difference in loudness.

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

What kind of car do you have? Do you know the size of the alternator that is stock to your car? Do you know the size of the battery that is stock to your car? Like The guy above me said. You should be fine with that wire. 100a should be good up to a the distance it takes to run through a car on 4awg wire.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What brand and type of wire is it that you are running?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just make sure you have the big 3 done and that all of your terminations are done proper.

Maybe this will help:

Adding batteries helps reinforce and stabilize your voltage around the 12.6v - 13.2v range depending on a few factors. No amount of batteries will help you above that range. Your alternator is what gives you the high 13's - 14's that you want to see.

If your voltage is dropping below 12.5 ish then you need more alt and battery usually. If you hold high 12's when wanging on it then your battery is doing it's job, but your alt is not enough.

Also, make sure you are using a good voltage meter and not a turd.