9 minutes ago, Markous said:

I think i'm restricted by the space i have behind the seats, don't really want to cut into the c pillar interior panels.

To get the amount of port in the box i'd need i would probably have to go the full width of the inside of the cab (~50")

oh woof!  well, im sure she sounds pretty great sealed.  i'd just miss the wind

• 3 months later...

Made these short clips a few months ago, never did share them here.

Used my ipod nano in the side slider so i could shoot video with my normal source.

Used a small piece of electrical tape to cover the mic by the camera lens (1/16 x 1/16) worked pretty damn good!

Figured seeing as i nominated myself for SOTM i should share them

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

not sure why this didnt occur to me sooner, and i know youre happy with the sealed performance and all so take this with a grain of salt.  Have you thought about 2 external ports?  1 on each end of the box?  i'm thinking some pvc with 90 degree bends in it.  just spitballing, still sounds great in those vids

Yup, so far i'm loving this sealed enclosure, top shelf stuff! to my ear it pretty much hits as low as being ported but with the transient response of a sealed box (obviously, LOL)

I have entertained the idea of a passive radiator setup more so than going ported, it's sofa king close to working but i highly doubt i could re-use the enclosure that it's in now.

I have the right amount of depth to mount them in the sides of the box but i'm 1/8" too low in the vertical dept. to get a couple of those high excursion PSI PR's in there.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

Screenshot of the AudioControl SA-4100i RTA playing the pink noise track from the DD-1 disk.

Only tuning that has been done to the system is the CC & DD -1's

IMG_1589_zpsoylmahom.png

Is there any particular volume level that is better or worse to get the most accurate reading from a RTA?

This build make me miss my own ranger build again, shoulve never did the walk through cut on it lol You should definitely have the room to build a ported box without cutting the side plastics.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

5 minutes ago, kryptonite said:

This build make me miss my own ranger build again, shoulve never did the walk through cut on it lol You should definitely have the room to build a ported box without cutting the side plastics.

Damn Ford for discontinuing these awesome little trucks! The new ones coming out in a year or two look like garbage IMO.

Any chance you have pictures of it on here? (SMD forum)

Don't know if i want to go with a ported enclosure or not to be honest, I think about it sometimes then realize i'm pretty happy with the current sealed setup that i'm running now. I'd be more curious to try some passive radiator and see what results come of that, i blame Steve's shop towers for that LOL.

I never got to finish the build though, over built the shell which broke the suspension and the little 3.0 couldn't handle the shell weight, not including subs, amps or batteries.  Had plenty of setups prior to the walkthrough and they all did great.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

• 1 month later...

Had the Ranger metered for the first time ever yesterday, won 2nd place in the 2000w street stock db drag at a local meet, only two of us in the class but hey i got a trophy my first time out it was pretty friggin cool! Really interested in the Psychlone competition once i get my EQS installed and the Top Dog event seems like a really cool idea i'll have to try that out for sure.

Scored a 136.1 @ 27 with a 0-60hz sweep from YT, 2nd run i used a 27hz tome from a bass mekanik album.

All that with a busted out rear drivers side window thats been duct taped over.

8F69F5F6-3A30-47CB-9D5E-3B44F3A03A79_zps

Archived