Second Skin Audio

X-15 D2 Box Help

I recently purchased a Sundown Audio X 15 D2 paired with a scv-1500d.Ihave never built a box before so I had a local shop build one for me. To my understanding this speaker preforms best in a box tuned to 32hz. I told the shop that I need this built to this frequency but I believe they did not. They built a slot port box, 33.5x20.75x16.5 with a 15.5x23x4 port, with 1 inch wood. After calculating this on numerous box calculators I come up with around 40 Hz. I'm interested in knowing if these calculations are correct and if so what, if possible what the correct dimensions should be with this box. The 33.5 and 16.5 are maxed out on my trunk space but it could've been built up to 8 inches longer. Thank you for any of your help.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two X-15 D4's in 3.5 net each @ 35 in my Bug and love it! I did have one in 4.25 net @ 32 and it sounded wonderful too! IDK if the juice would be worth the squeeze making marginal changes. Remember, they naturally play low.

I'm going from 3 12's to this so it might just take some getting used to and once the sub is broken in so I can hear it better, it just seems like its hitting high to me

Archived