good welder for a beginner?

One thing to be aware of with the 211 is the older ones are "copper filled" and the new ones are inverter. This may not mean anything to you, but most of the older guys I know prefer the heavy old copper filled units. I feel that you don't get quite the same amperage on the inverter units, but that may be that I've heard the opinion form so many old guys that i know/respect that I've let them taint my view on the newer technology.

^211 is a solid machine, probably a bit too big for your needs but the 212 I think it is and the 252's are awesome as well, and they're on wheels so no need for a cart.

My professor brought in a multiprocess Miller welder a couple weeks ago that was only like 10 lbs max (without wire). It could be set up to TIG, MIG, and SMAW, and he said It preformed well enough to use on job sites, so it wasn't just a one you'd pick up if it's just a hobby, but it was probably one of the coolest welders I've seen. Looked like a little brief case.

broke are you in socal?

No, I'm in the Metro Detroit area.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm looking at the Lincoln power mig 210 mp too, seems like a great little machine for the price.

Seems like there are a lot of brand nut huggers in the welding community, I've seen bad reviews on a couple different welders that said they rated it low because it's not a miller, wtf?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm looking at the Lincoln power mig 210 mp too, seems like a great little machine for the price.

Seems like there are a lot of brand nut huggers in the welding community, I've seen bad reviews on a couple different welders that said they rated it low because it's not a miller, wtf?

I have run this machine in my fab shop for the last couple of years and it has performed great !! easy to set up and start burning rod

2010 dodge ram cummins

t1000bdcp

dc audio xl12

p400.4

pioneer avh-3500bhs

If love to learn how to weld but I'm that guy that buys a tool

For one job and never touches it again

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If love to learn how to weld but I'm that guy that buys a tool

For one job and never touches it again

I have quite a few tools that got used once and have now sat around for years lol.

This is different though, I'm looking to make a Career out of this investment.

I had a Lincoln 135 for my garage welder years ago and it was great for hobbyist work, wish I never sold it. When we started the body shop we had a Lincoln 140c and it was total garbage for what we we're doing, it couldn't handle fine/thin work like the newer sheet metal cars are made with these days (tin cans). Did ok on thicker stuff though. I personally like the flexibility of a 120/240v rig.

Archived