DC Sound Lab

help with box for 4 dc xl 18's on dc 9k

As the title suggest im looking for some help coming up with a box for 4 dc xl 18's. They will be ran on a dc 9k. Its going in a suburban with the 3rd row removed. Id like to stay at 48" width. I figured subs up port back. Someone on the fourm suggested I post here. Any help would be appreciated greatly. I played around with box tune calculator and cam up with a box 48w 40d 24h with a 9w 6d 15h rectangle port. I've been told that port size is to small. Btc came up with 32hz. I would really like to build the box right the first time. Its taken me years to convince the wife to let me do a big build. Thanks

Ive read the 12-16 square inches of port per cubic foot of box. The problem im having is getting a port to work out right with the tuning and size. The box size I want to go with is 42"d 48"w 23"t. I want the port to be on the 48" rear wall. My amp will be below the port so I dont want to do a bottom slot port. Im trying to tune around 32hz. Every port that I try gives me the right tuning but not enough port volume.