Second Skin Audio

Running Aeros in flat wall

So i have never personally ran Aero ports before. Most of the guys i know who run them are trunk class. Before i decide to port it just looking for any input on running these in a wall. All the walls i have heard personally are ported so i have no idea. Thanks.. Running 2 crossfire c7 18s on 2 c5 1700s flat wall. Currently got a good 10 cubes net after displacement and bracing.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

As long as you have sufficient port area there really is no difference in performance between different types of ports. Aero ports have the advantage of being relatively easy to adjust, so if you are going to be tweaking your tuning a lot they may be nice to have. Also aero ports have the most port area for the least amount of box displacement and internal surface area, but only if you use one or two large ports. If you need to use three or more smaller aero ports a 3 common wall slot port begins to be more space efficient.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

As long as you have sufficient port area there really is no difference in performance between different types of ports. Aero ports have the advantage of being relatively easy to adjust, so if you are going to be tweaking your tuning a lot they may be nice to have. Also aero ports have the most port area for the least amount of box displacement and internal surface area, but only if you use one or two large ports. If you need to use three or more smaller aero ports a 3 common wall slot port begins to be more space efficient.

Thank you. considering last years wall i had adjusted my port over 5 times i would say Maybe this is the way to go. i would rather go with less Aeros then more so i would try 2 to start with and go from there. I do not think air space is a issue.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Yeah, from what it sounds like you want to do a couple big ass aero ports should work great.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived