Second Skin Audio

Looking for suggestions on which sub(s) to buy

I am looking at 4 options right now. My electrical is not strong enough to run any of these right now except the JLs but these seem like pretty good deals, want to jump on one just can't decide so Im looking for suggestions.

- Digital Designs 9500 15" (older model with DD lightly engraved on motor) slight cosmetic issues $250

- Sundown ZV4 18" like new $400

- Pair of SKAR TXL-10 10s -$350

- Pair JL Audio 13w6 both need new surrounds $200 and then $55 for the the pair of surrounds (electrical currently can run these subs)

Again this will be a purchase just to be on hand when I'm ready for electrical and more power. If these aren't as good of deals as they seem to be let me know that also! Thanks!

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Sundown ZV4

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

The JLs get you the most cone area for the money, but need work.

The Sundown is the next best deal and requires no work.

I'd go with the Sundown if it were me.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Thanks, I was leaning towards the SKAR 10s only because 2krms per sub and the pair is nealy $100 cheaper than the price for one sub. I might just get the JLs for project and possibly resale but still would like to pick up something else...

So the SKAR 10s you guys would pass on?

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Well it really comes down to what's going to work well in your car. Do you have room for a 18" sub in a proper box? If so, than the Sundown is the way to go IMHO. If you only have space for a pair of 10's, that pretty much dictates what you should get.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I do have room for the Sundown specs say 7 cubes, which I could pull off... I have a 2001 silverado extended cab... Only thing is at times I need to pull my box out to fit people in rear seat so a 7 cuft. box is do-able, but will be a pain in my butt on the rare occasion I need to move the enclosure out, but it can be done! The Sundown is also the most expensive option. I can see you guys think the Sundown will be the best performer overall, which I kind of knew would happen, I had 2 SA12s at one point and they were amazing! But which is actually the best deal? Price wise?

Sundown allday unless it was a new 9500

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Buying used is always scarry i would go new

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived