• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This build is the shit. You planning on building the motor too tony? Or are you leaving it as is?

not really. im looking to just do the headers/pulley swap and meth. I have other cars taht are fast and ordering a 2017 chevy ss next month. I already have heads/cam/spray/3600 circle d converter for it. SHould run high 10s all motor then on spray mid to low 10s.

Suspension/20-26" replica wheels plus more

2016 Cadillac Escalade modding

2016 C7 z06 modding

2013 Ctsv 850hp

1996 Impala SS

Nice damn ride!!

I was just looking at brakes for my tahoe, but doesnt look like anything will fit for sure... :(

The only bolt on 4 wheel disc kit for our Tahoes is SSBC. Not sure if Tony can get a hold of them or not. Wilwood might have pieces that will work, but would require some fab.

I've been looking into this quite a bit. The NBS truck rear axle with discs will work (match the gearing obviously), but the spring perches are not at the correct width for our leaf springs. On my truck I would cut them and relocate them anyway due to my flip kit in the back, but for you it would just be moving them a bit to center them up on the leafs. NNBS fronts with NBS disc rear and NNBS (or aftermarket) master cylinder is the way I'm leaning for mine, but I don't have the weight you do unless my 5k boat is hitched up.

Killer build Tony, just like Meade your fleet is outstanding. Maybe I'll contact one of you two for factory brake parts...

Static drops are my bag.

Fronts > Rear

Figured that was a given for anyone smart enough to be doing a brake upgrade, but okay...

SSBC is still the only ones to list a direct fit for the front OR the rear of our Tahoes. The NBS (and some say the NNBS too) fronts with larger diameter rotors and 2 piston calipers will bolt right on, using the new carriers. I haven't physically grabbed some to bolt on, but I would be willing to try it (why I said I may contact Tony or Steve for OEM take-offs). I would still upgrade the master cylinder to match even without doing anything to the rears. I also wouldn't put a massive front kit on without changing out the drums, you still need the rear to do it's percentage of work.

Hopefully Tony will answer your question on the brakes he offers here soon. Best of luck.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived