Sundown Audio

Upload pictures on an image hosting site such as photobucket, copy and paste the IMG link in the reply box here.

Take measurements of the enclosure, to include port dimensions, or link us to the enclosure if you are able to.

Do you have a link to the enclosure or anything? Looking at it, it doesn't look like there's enough port area, and looks like it was built for tens and given bigger cutouts for twelves.

My suggestion is scrap it. Have a bonfire or something one night and toss it in with it. Build your own enclosure with the proper specs for those subs. Post up your maximum dimensions available for use, and some of the forum members on here are very willing to help get you the design that will suit your wants and your subs needs as best as possible.

Ok. I'll try and get something up for you when I get home, unless someone beats me to the draw..... Pun intended ;)

Here is a good design from JoeX, who often helps in situations of enclosure design. He provided this for someone else who wanted an enclosure for their two SA-12's.

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34.5 Hz

Vb = 3.8 ft^3

External Height = 14.5 in

External Width = 35 in

External Depth = 22 in

Port Width = 4 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 15 3/8 x 13

2x Front Internal = 13 7/8 x 13

Back = 35 x 13

Left & Right Sides: 20 1/2 x 13

Top & Bottom = 35 x 22

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 18 3/8 x 13

2 x Extension = 1 11/16 x 13

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

TSFPF_zps00046659.jpg

Important notes:

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.

- All trunk boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions. Build a cardboard test enclosure to ensure proper fitment before enclosure assembly.

- The port needs a minimum of 4 1/4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so this box I could fit in my car but I would be able to get the recommended 4 1/2 inches of space for the port. Can I take some off the depth and add it to the height. How do I figure out the dimensions for the internal port. That would also change the port length also ugh.. can I get some help please?