Recreate original look fiberglass

Hi guys. Im trying to repair some cracks and holes on fiberglass and I hope you can help me recreate original look. My biggest problem is that fibers receive resins colour and I need them to be a different colour so they can be visible like on a picture below

x6hmib.jpg

So you want the fibers to be highly visable? Try using very little resin, less than you think you need. Roll it out as much as you can, add more resin only if you absolutely need it. Once the fibers are completely wetted out with a roller scrape all the excess you can off the top with a squeegee. You still may not quite get that look, to be honest it looks a little resin starved. You could possibly sprinkle some loose fibers over the top but don't be disappointed if that causes delamination.

too me that looks like a spray on fiberglass, which is why its in all directions like that. i know they use that kind for boats and camper tops. i would think best bet for repair would be to get that kind of fiberglass and sprinkle it on the resin then coat over it with more resin

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

That for sure looks like it was sprayed.

They use that method for all kinds of things, it's cheap and effective.

Why do you want the repair to match?

To me if it gets the job done that's what matters.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived