Second Skin Audio

My 2 10" Enclosure Build

you are doing the big 3 and only running 1200 watts so if you have a decent size alternator you will be okay until you upgrade battery. Capacitor is waste of money.

Yeah if I'm not mistaken the factory alts put out 150 amps which is more than enough but I already ordered it and received it just in case. I have LED headlights (with 40W ballasts) and any change in power causes very slight flickering as the voltage fluctuates so I was hoping that the cap might somewhat help it. Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Sharp looking box. Need to brush up on yo carpeting skillz tho. Go build in the garage, you're in Toronto Canada, not Phoenix Arizona. Millennials, sheesh!

Lmao yeah carpeting sucks. It appears that once the spray adhesive dried the carpet contracted. I might just rip it all off one day and sand it prime it and paint it. Not too bothered with the aesthetics though, I'm just glad it turned out sounding great! Had a few other people with 2 10s in the similar power range but random prefab box and they were all blown away with the sound. With this being my first system with a custom built box, I can agree with the saying that "it's all in the box" haha.

By the way, I didn't get to use my 4 gauge KnuKonceptz power wire that came in the amp kit. Wasn't long enough (needed 25 feet). So I went with JL Audio 8 gauge since it had to be run in the headliner. I also didn't end up installing my cap and didn't have any electrical or dimming issues. I will still do the big 3 and battery upgrade when I get a chance though.

The bass is really overpowering the mids and highs at the moment even with the bass knob at 50% so I have to upgrade my speakers and amp them soon. Oh and I gotta sound deaden the roof because the upward firing subs are causing a lot of roof flex and I shit you not its even flexing the windshield a bit because of the roof flex lmao.

Oh and the only thing I ended up doing in the garage was the carpet. Everything else was done in the kitchen haha.

You ran power wire in your headliner? It works but why did you have to do it? Also what kind of vehicle is this?

Wheelchair accessible van. If you see the floor you'll notice that it's not carpet but instead some hard material. Couldn't get the wiring run under it so it had to be run up top.

Archived